Snatch Form Check

posted my new snatch video. found out a lot of flaws in my technique. i found if my hips are lower somehow my speed underneath the bar decreases. i also realized i need the bar closer to my body. However i cleared 135lbs for the second time felt good.

upload.youtube.com/my_videos_upload

- YouTube please see the form

[quote]dnd611 wrote:
- YouTube please see the form[/quote]
- YouTube

I would say that you need more hip “pop”. You are forming a line from ground to catch. You can’t get the same power output without the pop, you loose too much energy.

Examine this and watch the hips. You should almost be hugging your body the entire time during the pull.

[quote]Ebob wrote:
I would say that you need more hip “pop”. You are forming a line from ground to catch. You can’t get the same power output without the pop, you loose too much energy.

Examine this and watch the hips. You should almost be hugging your body the entire time during the pull.

Correcto.

Stand up, head high, snatch width grip, see where the bar is, now that is about your contact point with the bar when you pull through your 2nd pull.

Pull the bar to the position of where the bar will be if you just stood up.

Start with lower hips.

Yes it will feel different as you have never done it like this. This will help you lift much bigger weights later on. When you change something it will feel different and a bit awkward at first. This doesn’t mean what your changing to is wrong, it just means your not use to it yet. Definitely start with lower hips.

Speed under, depth and lock out is good. Focus on delaying the 2nd pull and keeping it closer.

Koing

Hey Ebob,

“Examine this and watch the hips. You should almost be hugging your body the entire time during the pull.”

Thanks for the video. The slow motion and angle are terrific, as is the form.

LB

Hey Ebob,

“Examine this and watch the hips. You should almost be hugging your body the entire time during the pull.”

Thanks for the video. The slow motion and angle are terrific, as is the form.

LB