T Nation

Snatch / Clean Press

I am looking to build a workout routine around the snatch or clean and press. I would like to workout three to four days a week. I am looking for any advice, or opions I can get. Thanks in advance.
BRD 421

Hire a personal trainer.

Buy Christian Thibs "The little black book of training secrets" - in the store here. It has a 12-week, multi-day/week workout program; best I have ever seen anywhere.

WiZ

**BEST THING TO DO IS TO HAVE SOMEONE WHO ACTUALLY COMPETITIVELY OLYMPIC LIFTS AND CAN RUN THROUGH THE FORM, LUCKILY I HAD MY BEST FRIEND'S FATHER THERE TO SHOW ME, BY THE WAY THERE IS SOOO MUCH TECHNIQUE INVOLVED IN THESE LIFTS.

BEFORE STARTING THIS ROUTINE YOU NEED TO PRACTICE CLEAN AND JERKS A LOT WITH LIGHT WEIGHT I DIDN'T GO INTO A C&J ROUTINE UNTIL 4 OR 5 WEEKS OF LIGHT TRAINING...

You can do clean and jerks every day pretty much and that's going by a guy who I've seen clean and jerk 295 at 130. He was crazy, so I dunno if I'd do that. I did a routine like this:

High sets low reps...

Monday: Cleans, Push-press, Bench Press
Tuesday: One-arm Snatches, Front Squats, Power Cleans
Wednesday: OFF
Thursday: Clean and Jerks
Friday: OFF
Saturday: One-Arm Snatches
Sunday: OFF

If you're going to increase your olympic lifts bench press becomes a joke in a sense.

I compete in Weightlifting and I have talked to many competitors on their aspects of training. One thing I have seen time and again is that the bench press is not exactly the most popular exercise to heighten your numbers. In other words, if you want to Oly...stand, if you want to Powerlift...lay down.

Thanks for the advice.
BRD421