Snatch, Best Rotator Cuff Exercise?

@CT I haven’t heard of many olympic lifters getting shoulder injuries and they bench and push press all the time. Some do rows but a lot do snatch variations all the time. Are snatches the best preventative measure against shoulder impingement injuries?

[quote]nickj_777 wrote:
@CT I haven’t heard of many olympic lifters getting shoulder injuries and they bench and push press all the time. Some do rows but a lot do snatch variations all the time. Are snatches the best preventative measure against shoulder impingement injuries?[/quote]

If you can perform a snatch properly, they are good for shoulder health. But you need to have good thoracic spine extension, good length along the pecs/delts, and good overall mobility in order to snatch properly. These attributes go a long way towards maintaining shoulder health, not just snatching.

I wouldn’t say that it’s a rotator exercise,. But performing the snatch properly requires good shoulder mobility an stability which obviously reduces the risk of shoulder injuries.

BTW, weightlifters do get shoulder injuries. But when was the last time you hear anything about a weightlifter? Just because people do not talk about it doesn’t mean that it doesn’t happen.