T Nation

Snatch and C&J Form Check

Hi guys. I have been oly lifting for over a year and a half now. Progress has been slow and steady since I started.
I have finally decided that I would post a couple of videos on this forum so I could get a bit of feedback/criticism on my lifts and my technique. Fire away guys!

I am almost entirely self-taught. Actually where I live (Shetland for those who know) I am the only olympic lifter and I have had to go to Edinburgh or Aberdeen for a bit of coaching and advice. My body weight is about 80 kilos currently and my PBs are 82.5kg for the snatch and 100kg for the C&J. However, there are plenty more days when no matter the discs on the barbell, it just feels so heavy!

After reading some of you guys on these pages the idea of entering a competition somewhere on the mainland is growing on me.

can't watch the youtube videos. They say they are private. And the T-Nation video uploader made your video go faster than normal speed. To be honest everyone should use youtube. The c&j looked pretty decent from what I could tell at 2x speed.

Sorry about that. I've changed the privacy setting on my youtube account so hopefully it should work now.
For the Tnation player, I don't even know how I managed that.
I'll to edit the whole thing.

Hi guys. I have been oly lifting for over a year and a half now. Progress has been slow and steady since I started.
I have finally decided that I would post a couple of videos on this forum so I could get a bit of feedback/criticism on my lifts and my technique. Fire away guys!

I am almost entirely self-taught. Actually where I live (Shetland for those who know) I am the only olympic lifter and I have had to go to Edinburgh or Aberdeen for a bit of coaching and advice. My body weight is about 80 kilos currently and my PBs are 82.5kg for the snatch and 100kg for the C&J. However, there are plenty more days when no matter the discs on the barbell, it just feels so heavy!

After reading some of you guys on these pages the idea of entering a competition somewhere on the mainland is growing on me.

The only thing that I think might be wrong is that your hips are rising too fast during the start of the 1st pull. Try to fix that and maybe it will your clean. I think that is what is making you project the bar WAY forward during the explosion at the end of the pull.

Are you trying to get your hips through(also known as throwing your hips forward)? if you are try to stop doing that and simply focus on driving through your heels.

Your jerk drive looks pretty fast and strong to me. Have you tried doing jerks from racks with more than you c&j max?

Thank you very much for your feedback. I'll work on not rising my hips too fast. I've been told the same thing before and thought I'd got rid of the habit.

I've not done any jerks from the rack in ages. Because I usually found them easier than the cleans, I never really focused on them specifically. I might change that soon though and include them in my training.