Snakes

Is anyone here into snakes? I keep Red-Tail Boas. I currently have 6 of them, with plans on getting a few more. I’m going to start breeding them next year. They’re such an awesome pet!!!

Kenyan Sand Boa, 6’ Iguana, Mali Uromastyx, Jackson’s Chameleon, Nosy Be Panther Chameleon, Dendrobates Azureus posion arrow frogs… it’s a good thing I trimmed my collection down some!

Awesome!!! I’d like to get an iguana some day. Just don’t have to room now. Next week I’ll be getting a new 04 female albino pos het for stripe redtail. I can’t wait. She was an expensive investment. I’m going to breed her with a male arabesque het for albino. Today albino arabesques are going for about 7k.

Snakes, are on of the few things that when I see one I run away screaming like a little girl. I don’t know what it is but they give me the hibe-jebes.

“AAAAAA! Snakes! I hate those things…one looked at me!!!”

(Watch Black Sheep with Chris Farley)

I snake cross bred with a pigeon would really freak me out. The body of a pigeon, snakes head and tail.

I had a burmese python but sold it when it got over 12 feet long. Girls loved it on the beach, even though I think they are banned on some beaches now. The only issue is the hassle of all of the crap to keep them warm and the issues surrounding that. Other than that, it got a lot of attention from women and rode in the car well during the summer.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I had a burmese python but sold it when it got over 12 feet long. Girls loved it on the beach, even though I think they are banned on some beaches now. The only issue is the hassle of all of the crap to keep them warm and the issues surrounding that. Other than that, it got a lot of attention from women and rode in the car well during the summer.[/quote]

Maybe when they said “nice snake” they didn’t mean the python =/

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I had a burmese python but sold it when it got over 12 feet long. Girls loved it on the beach, even though I think they are banned on some beaches now. The only issue is the hassle of all of the crap to keep them warm and the issues surrounding that. Other than that, it got a lot of attention from women and rode in the car well during the summer.[/quote]

I like pythons too. They do get big though. Nice thing about the redtail is the males stay around 6ft (unless power fed) and the females get to about 8-9 ft. I built a real nice rack with rubbermaid bins to hold my 6ft and under snakes. I heat it with flexwatt…it’s a low cost low energy heat tape. We’re moving to Florida this summer and once we get there I’m buying nice BoaPhile cages for my females. I’m looking forward to taking my big girl on the beach.

no snakes

i had a pretty big tegu though, but he ran away. i kid you not. dumb story. he was a bad ass. ill be getting another in the near future.

also had a dwarf tegu and a veiled chameleon before. both died of equally funny, yet dumb ways, as well.