SNAKES on a Plane

good article on SOP

[quote]Professor X wrote:
What do you expect today? Can anything truly gain “cult” status anymore the way info gets out? Remember when “Hackers” was a cult classic? I don’t think you can really have those anymore.[/quote]

What happened to the good ol’ days of Plan 9, John Waters (not a huge fan though), Evil Dead 2, American Psycho, Donnie Darko? I miss those days! (quick list)

Now everything is so MTV glorified its sickening. God, I hate current day pop-culture (except for Jackass). When I direct my first film and audtion actors and actresses the first thing I’ll ask is if they have ever appeared on MTV. If they say yes, they’re done. I hate the MTV generation.

On to SoaP I’ll probably have to go alone as nobody I know whats to see it. Maybe I’ll get drunk as all shit and walk to the theater.

Really, who gives a fuck if it is a cult classic, a classic, a box office mega-hit or whatever?

How about this? If you think it looks like fun, go see it. What MTV does or what reviewers think doesn’t matter, esp for this kind of film.

I am abso-fucking-lutely going. SJ was on the Daily Show, and he totally gets it. Going to the movies is supposed to be fun, and this looks like fun to me.

A VERY good thing about the movie is that it originally got a PG-13 rating. SO they went back and shot more sceens to push it to an R rating. Thats one of the first times I have ever seen that done. Hopefully that will kill the dumbass teens from going to see it. They actually police the ratings of films here pretty tight.

[quote]jbodzin wrote:
“Say Ssssssss Again Mother Fucker! Say Sssssssss Again!”[/quote]

lol

pushharder wrote:
I thought this thread was about Islamo-fascists traveling on a trans-Atlantic flight.

Wouldn’t that be “KaBOOM on a plane”?[/quote]

No, it would be “SHEAKS on a plane”

La’
Redsol1

[quote]UtahLama wrote:
"A shark ate me Muthafucka…a Muthafuckin shark…UUUMMMMMMM.

Snakes/Samuel L. and a bunch of Crown Royal, sign me up…Muthafucka.[/quote]

HOWS IT TASTE MOTHA FUCKA?!
can you stop yelling at me?
NO I CANT STOP YELLING, CUZ THIS IS HOW I TALK!?

[quote]pushharder wrote:
redsol1 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
pushharder wrote:
I thought this thread was about Islamo-fascists traveling on a trans-Atlantic flight.

Wouldn’t that be “KaBOOM on a plane”?

No, it would be “SHEAKS on a plane”

La’
Redsol1

Or…worthless raghead MF “Sneaks on a Plane”?[/quote]

or…“JIHAD on a plane.”

Tonights plan:

Dinner : 5:00 pm
Poker : 6:00 pm
Snakes on a Muther-Fuckin plane : 10:00pm

This is gonna be tits.

Strong words:
"Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherf*****’ snakes on this motherf****’ plane! – Samuel L. Jackson "

Is anyone else going to see this movie?[/quote]

Yea…I was saying just the other day, I wish they made more gimmicky movies with over rated actors in them.

This is a great interview:

The interviewer is way funny :slight_smile:

[quote]Miserere wrote:
This is a great interview:

The interviewer is way funny :slight_smile:
[/quote]

That guy is a douche. We found another douche!

You know a movie is bad when they refuse to let any media people into the preview.

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
That guy is a douche. We found another douche![/quote]

The one on the left or the one on the right?

At one point, the film’s working title was altered to Pacific Air Flight 121. In August 2005, a perturbed Samuel L. Jackson told an interviewer, “We’re totally changing that back. That’s the only reason I took the job: I read the title.” In another interview in early 2006, Jackson claimed that once he learned about the movie title being changed he said: “What are you doing here? It’s not Gone with the Wind. It’s not On the Waterfront. It’s Snakes on a [motherfuckin’] Plane!” On March 2, 2006, the studio reverted the title to Snakes on a Plane.

On June 3, 2006, Samuel L. Jackson said, while presenting the award for best movie at the MTV Movie Awards, “I’m here tonight to present the award everyone’s been waiting for: best movie. Now, this award holds a special place in my heart because next year I’ll be winning it for Snakes on a Plane. Now I know, I know that sounds cocky, but I don’t give a damn. I am guaranteeing that Snakes on a Plane will win best movie next year. Does not matter what else is coming out. The New James Bond… no snakes in that! Ocean’s 13… where my snakes at? Shrek the Third… green, but not a snake. No movie shall triumph over Snakes on a Plane. Unless I happen to feel like making a movie called Mo’ Motha-fuckin’ Snakes on Mo’ Motha-fuckin’ Planes.”

Snakes on a Plane has also inspired the creation of graphics for fictional movies about other animals in odd settings, like “Sharks on a Roller Coaster” (Tagline:You must be this tall…to DIE!).

[quote]Miserere wrote:
PGA200X wrote:
That guy is a douche. We found another douche!

The one on the left or the one on the right?[/quote]

The “interviewer” trying to be funny.

Saw it at an advance screening last night. SoaP is one of the most entertaining movies I have seen in a long time. When the entire audience is cheering, laughing, and gasping simultaneously, the movie did something correct. Plus, the Snake-o-Vision camera shots are funny. Yes, this movie has Snake-o-Vision.

High-brow? No.
Intelligent? Not in a million years. Scientificially accurate? Is Prof X a 100# white boy?
Fun and worth seeing? Is Jelena Abbou hot? (that is a ‘hell yeah’, by the way)

And there is one scene during which Pulp Fiction was emulated. Sam Jackson talking to some guy in the same tone as the Jules “English motherfucker, do you speak it” cadence. Which prompted one audience member to say “Do they have snakes in what? Snakes motherfucker, do you have them!”

Besides, you only need two reasons to go see this movie.

1. Snakes
  2. On a motherfuckin plane

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
Professor X wrote:
What do you expect today? Can anything truly gain “cult” status anymore the way info gets out? Remember when “Hackers” was a cult classic? I don’t think you can really have those anymore.

What happened to the good ol’ days of Plan 9, John Waters (not a huge fan though), Evil Dead 2, American Psycho, Donnie Darko? I miss those days! (quick list)

Now everything is so MTV glorified its sickening. God, I hate current day pop-culture (except for Jackass). When I direct my first film and audtion actors and actresses the first thing I’ll ask is if they have ever appeared on MTV. If they say yes, they’re done. I hate the MTV generation.

On to SoaP I’ll probably have to go alone as nobody I know whats to see it. Maybe I’ll get drunk as all shit and walk to the theater.[/quote]

I think part of the problem…is that you watch MTV at all. The rest is the problem of increasing technology. Donnie Darko didn’t get watched in a movie theater. It got watched at home…long after there was any hype, and it stuck in your head for some reason. The same goes for American Psycho (even though I personally didn’t like that movie at all).

Maybe you should be mad at Sam for pimping his own movie. I don’t know…but I think I would do the same thing. Pulp Fiction just put him on near “living legend” status and he may be one of the most well known personalities in film lately. The only other guy who can get people to watch nearly any crap he puts out…is Sean Connery.

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
At one point, the film’s working title was altered to Pacific Air Flight 121. In August 2005, a perturbed Samuel L. Jackson told an interviewer, “We’re totally changing that back. That’s the only reason I took the job: I read the title.” In another interview in early 2006, Jackson claimed that once he learned about the movie title being changed he said: “What are you doing here? It’s not Gone with the Wind. It’s not On the Waterfront. It’s Snakes on a [motherfuckin’] Plane!” On March 2, 2006, the studio reverted the title to Snakes on a Plane.

On June 3, 2006, Samuel L. Jackson said, while presenting the award for best movie at the MTV Movie Awards, “I’m here tonight to present the award everyone’s been waiting for: best movie. Now, this award holds a special place in my heart because next year I’ll be winning it for Snakes on a Plane. Now I know, I know that sounds cocky, but I don’t give a damn. I am guaranteeing that Snakes on a Plane will win best movie next year. Does not matter what else is coming out. The New James Bond… no snakes in that! Ocean’s 13… where my snakes at? Shrek the Third… green, but not a snake. No movie shall triumph over Snakes on a Plane. Unless I happen to feel like making a movie called Mo’ Motha-fuckin’ Snakes on Mo’ Motha-fuckin’ Planes.”

Snakes on a Plane has also inspired the creation of graphics for fictional movies about other animals in odd settings, like “Sharks on a Roller Coaster” (Tagline:You must be this tall…to DIE!).[/quote]

LOL