T Nation

Snacks (Small Meals)

Ok so here's the thing: As much as I like almonds and other nuts- I just can't eat them anymore!!!!! I eat them pretty much every day. When I go to school, I'm out of the house at 9, and back at 7ish. Same thing when I'm at work. Besides the lunch, the things I snack on are: nuts, fruits, beef jerky(need to find better one, cuz SlimJim ain't doing it for me).

And like I said, there's only so much fruits and nuts I can eat. I'm starting to feel like a fucking squirrel from all these nuts.
And I have a fridge and a microwave at work, but none of that at school.
Also, I would prefer solid food.

Can you help a brother out? Plz?

How about yogurt(semi-solid(can mix in bacon bits and or cottage cheese)), crackers and cheese, pretzels, and pepperoni as substitutes for snacks?

The basis behind nuts and almonds is for quality protein that will not go bad for a long time at room temperature.

I got a good one: a tuna sandwich.

YES. Pemmican jerky is the best!!

• Protein powders/MRPs
  • Natty peanut butter
  • String cheese
  • Hard-boiled eggs
  • Fresh fruits/veggies
  • Greek yogurt (mix in some fresh fruit/oatmeal…awesome)
  • Cottage cheese
  • Canned chicken/fish
  • Home-made protein bars (NOT retail protein bars)
  • Nuts (I know you are sick of them, but try different varieties: walnuts, pistachios, hazelnuts, brazil nuts, peanuts, chestnuts, macademias, pine nuts…)
  • Whole Milk

…I’m actually disappointed that this is all I could come up with off the top of my head. Hope it helps.

Edit: Sorry, missed the preference for solid food. But beggars can’t be choosers I suppose. Have a shake, it won’t hurt.