Snacking on Grapes

Hi friends!

This weeks topic; is the grape. Its summer time here in Oz-land and I have been treating myself to the occasional bag full of red seedless grapes for a morning snack.

Did you know that red grapes contain not one but two different types of flavonoids, resveratrol and quercitin. Both of these substances have become the subject of much scientific study, and results are already confirming the fact that they are essential anti-aging and anti-disease nutrients. Resveratrol has been shown to have anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties. Quercitin has been shown not only to be a powerful antioxidant, but also acts as a natural antihistamine.

How often do you eat grapes? Do you prefer red or green? Would one be concerned with the carbohydrate content of grapes?

Go.

tweet

Throw those spherical fruit balloons down your bird gullet at will. I’m sure the red ones have more antioxidants, but the green are delicious and probably have some other magical shit we don’t know about. Be sure to thoroughly wash them as they often contain pesticide residue.

PS Frozen grapes rock. Seriously.

In before someone says not to eat fruit “because fructose can’t be stored as glycogen by muscles”

Red taste much better. I love grapes.

But I don’t eat them… because I will demolish an entire bag at a time.

[quote]SSC wrote:
But I don’t eat them… because I will demolish an entire bag at a time.[/quote]

And whats wrong with that?

tweet

[quote]theBird wrote:

[quote]SSC wrote:
But I don’t eat them… because I will demolish an entire bag at a time.[/quote]

And whats wrong with that?

tweet[/quote]

Too much fructose, duh?

[quote]theBird wrote:
Hi friends!