Smolov Squat Cycle

Thanks for the info. You guys actually answered some of my questions. I would never do this a 50 million years but I was just curious about those few things. For those of you that have done it, you are out of your minds… in the most awesome way possible.

Hey Sean: I hope it kills you.

I did the routine and did core as much as I felt like doing, decline situps etc…prolly minimum 2x a week.

[quote]stallion wrote:
FarmerBrett: True words spoken from someone that has endured the horrors. I always smile when I hear people worried about other lifts when considering doing the base meso cycle. They have no idea…

but for some reason, i keep wanting to go back

[quote]StormTheBeach wrote:
Thanks for the info. You guys actually answered some of my questions. I would never do this a 50 million years but I was just curious about those few things. For those of you that have done it, you are out of your minds… in the most awesome way possible.

Hey Sean: I hope it kills you.[/quote]

hahaha me too

Seeing this made me want to do it again too!

After the switching phase, you’ll probably wear a belt (I did) and pushing your abs out against that thing for dear life 3-4 times a week is plenty.

As others said, if I had any energy left, just did horizontal push-pull and vertical push pull every other workout. Off days were for foam rolling and stretching, maybe 20 minutes of EASY biking to get some blood flowing.

The full program took me from 335-340 (I used 335 for my percentages, I figured if I skewed a little lower, it would be slightly less brutal) to 405. Felt awesome to do 4 wheels for the first time. But in terms of my deadlift, I did no training for it and pulled 425 about 4 days after I tried my squat max. Previous best was 380. If you are an intermediate-novice (seasoned beginner) like me, the cycle alone will be plenty.

Lots of food and thrash metal are my other two recommendations.

Probably not the smartest thing to do, but the sense of accomplishment when done is totally worth it. I may have just convinced myself to try it again. . . .

I think they should stop this thread because since reading it I’ve been thinking about doing smolov and I ****ing hated it. It’s the hardest routine I’ve ever done. Mind you I was doing HIT before so the volume alone was a shock. I’ve been doing 5x5 for over a year so my work capacity is much higher now.

I salute you all! :slight_smile:

You’re probably aware of the Smolov S Alpha too, a slightly easier version of the Smolov base meso cycle.

Some have done the Smolov jr. with success too. :slight_smile:

Everyone doing Smolov is a nut case. :slight_smile: But we like nuts and balls to the walls! :slight_smile:

– Stallion