Smolov Jr + Bodybuilding

hey everyone. once i finish with the program im on currently (another 3.5 weeks), I would like to do a max strength phase focusing on front squats (my favorite lift).

my plan is to run the smolov Jr template for front squat and follow up the front squats with 2 super sets of 2-3 exercises for 3-4 sets of 6-8 reps. Mostly things like pull ups, DB presses, some calf work, a few RDLs and face-pulls etc…

the front squat would have 3 minutes rest between sets, and the supersets after would have about 45 seconds rest so that its hard to go tooo heavy and further fatigue the CNS. but im hoping the extra work after front squats is enough to maintain the strength in the upper-body and posterior chain.

And thoughts that i missed on?

Since you seem to be more of a beginner in terms of BBing, I would suggest you pick a decent 4x/week BBing split and do that as prescribed AFTER the smolov jr stuff. There is a thread here about various splits.

ps: Since your background is oly wl, I don’t really understand why you would have to choose a pre-made program like Smolov jr to get your fs up.

[quote]infinite_shore wrote:
Since you seem to be more of a beginner in terms of BBing, I would suggest you pick a decent 4x/week BBing split and do that as prescribed AFTER the smolov jr stuff. There is a thread here about various splits.

ps: Since your background is oly wl, I don’t really understand why you would have to choose a pre-made program like Smolov jr to get your fs up.[/quote]

your right of course, I am a beginner to bodybuilding, so im just trying to gain as much knowledge as I can.

Im also doing the smolov Jr as a learning experience as well. Im working towards being a trainer, and I want to make sure I never give someone a program that I havent at least tried myself.

Thanks for your advice on the split.