Smoking Pot and Doing Cardio

you’d probably forget that you have done the cardio session…

maybe you think your cardio sessions are great because you’re high. you know … when i’m drunk i think i can bench press a fuckin bus …

What the heck kind of question is that? YES, pot will hinder your athletic performance.

This is isn’t advice but Seth Rogen said he hates working out so he gets baked before every workout. The man has lost 20-30 lbs.

[quote]munkymunky wrote:
you’d probably forget that you have done the cardio session…[/quote]

And so you will then do it again, lol. So you’ll do twice the cardio easily.

[quote]Brett295 wrote:
What the heck kind of question is that? YES, pot will hinder your athletic performance.

[/quote]

Why will it hinder performance? What kind of “pot” are you referring to when you make that statement? Early/late harvest? Sativa? Indica? Do you know? Or are you making a general comment?

[quote]DK 14 wrote:
maybe you think your cardio sessions are great because you’re high. you know … when i’m drunk i think i can bench press a fuckin bus … [/quote]

Hahah so true.

And i have tryed drugs ‘Gregus’ I wouldn’t go and think you are the only badass in the world who has.

wow… you are a huge nerd…
Smoking anything will effect your lungs which in turn will effect your performance…
The vaporizer does help with that though since its not burning the lungs and leave tar…

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
That is stupid and a waste of ganja. I’ve smoked (Sherman MCDs) and tried to live this lifestyle and my performance was impacted tremendously. I advice against any form of smoking. [/quote]

Markus ruhl smokes :slight_smile:

No offence but the guys out here who swear by cardio high as a sattelite need to get off the pre-cardio bullshit weed. Or tell me exactly what strain you’re smoking.

I have never tried cardio after a fat blunt, because I usually am just too hungry and lazy to go run.

Im a huge believer in The person makes the drugs, the drugs don’t make the person. Thats just my belief. Try it out, if it affects you and you can’t get goin with your cardio then don’t do it. But certainly don’t look on these threads, read that some people have no problem with it, and then try to overcome a problem that you might incur. Everyones different.

[quote]Gregus wrote:
Brett295 wrote:

Why will it hinder performance? What kind of “pot” are you referring to when you make that statement? Early/late harvest? Sativa? Indica? Do you know? Or are you making a general comment?
[/quote]

Gregus, you seem to be pretty knowledgeable do you mind if i pm you some questions bout some smoking problems ive enountered?

Depends on if you smoke before or during

I don’t smoke weed anymore, but I do eat mushrooms. I eat psilocybe cubensis, an Amazonian strain, and only once in a while. I would say on average every 3 to 4 months. I have done activity while on shrooms, and it’s fantastic. Whether it’s running, sex, or yardwork… it’s great.

The thing is, most peoples’ opinion of drugs comes from conservative media, episodes of ‘Intervention’ on A&E, and the “just say no” fan club. They all remind me of the counselor in Southpark; “Drugs are bad, mmmKay.”

Truth is, very very few - if any - of those people have any experience with drugs besides what their parents told them, or seeing some single person abuse drugs. But, ANYTHING can be abused. I would say as far as health effects and social problems, ALCOHOL is far worse than marijuana or shrooms, both of which are natural by the way, as opposed to being fermented, distilled, or some other process. No one goes to rehab for marijuana abuse. I’ve never seen anyone on shrooms start a bar fight. They tend to be more peaceful, unlike the drunk who crashes his truck into his former bosses new Audi while tuning up his girlfriend’s face.

And as far as abusing things goes, even FOOD is abused worse (especially in the USA) than pot, shrooms, salvia, peyote, and things like that. Just look at 63% of the population. Think of the health risks of obesity, and how they far overshadow those of recreational drug use. I agree that the sythetic drugs are bad… but I do not agree that the natural drugs mentioned above are a platform to harder drugs or any of the other rhetoric spouted by those who don’t know any better.

Of course I can only speak for myself, but I have tried sythetics in the past, and didn’t like them. So I returned to the calmer high of weed - and later when the professional world prohibited that - mushrooms. And I don’t drink. We do get a physical periodically in the industry I work in (one every two years) and I’ve consistently checked out fine for 12 years now. My only health issue is about 4 lbs of adipose I would like to lose in my love handle area, but other than that I am strong and healthy and well built for a non-competetive man. And as a side note, I personally think that the recreational use (not abuse) of natural drugs has helped me be a more critical thinker, which has helped me professionally as well in troubleshooting / problem solving.

Each to his own of course, but I would really like to see people speak from direct experience rather than soundboarding anti-drug propoganda.

It is a proven fact that THC “opens up” your lungs (dont know the technical term in english)

so if you some before your session with a vaporizer maybe it will have some beneficial effect

with other ways of smoking ur just putting in more trash in ur lungs, and i dont see how that can help you in any way

I know that alcohol can decrease testoserone levels, but if I stop eating, quit working out and start doing smack, will it improve my performance, anyone??

If you smoke caine, you a stupid motherfucker
Know around the hood as the schoolyard clucker.
Doing that crack with all the money you got
On your hands and knees searchin for a piece of rock.
Fienin for a hit, and you lookin for more
Done stole a Alpine out of six EZ’s four.
You need your ass whooped because its out of this earth,
Can’t get a 10 piece need a dollar fifty worth.

Knuckle head nigga you turned into a crook
but swear up and down that you aint hooked.
You beat your friend up and you whooped his ass long
Because he hit the pipe and now the rock is all gone.

im thinkin coke would work better, youd be more energized. but what do I know?

Marijuana is bad.

I used to smoke a lot of pot in high school. I only did it once before wrestling practice. I learned that lesson. Fifteen minutes into practice and I felt like I had been in there for 2 hrs. I asked my training partner if practice was almost over and he started laughing at me, “no dude, we’ve only been here for 15 minutes”. It sucked big time. I got a nice shoulder injury that day that I still have problems with today. I didn’t quit smoking pot, I just didn’t do it before practice ever again.

My buddy and my brother both smoke a lot of the ganj and they are pretty big. They never stop eating. If I still had the tolerance for smoking pot, I might try it post workout so I could get in some extra calories. It definitely works for them. I know they lift stoned on occasion, but I’m pretty sure they don’t get stoned before cardio.