T Nation

Smoking Herbs & Absinthe

Does anyone have any experience with Wormwood (Artemisia absinthium) and smoking herbs such as Salvia Divinorum, Wild Dagga, & Blue Lotus? Specifically, are they legal? Can you safely order them online?

I do mean in the US, by the way.

Bro no offense but this is the steroid board. WTF type of question is this?

Absinthe is illegal in the US.

You can order Wormwood from any brewer’s supply. It is legal.

www.iamshaman.com I wouldn’t buy from anywhere but here. You can find the substances you mentioned in headshops in college towns, but almost all of the time, they are fake or extremely poor quality. They are legal, however as far as I know they are to be used as incense and not smoked. But the substances are perfectly legal. And yes, if you get high quality products, they do work, and very well I might add. I’d also suggest getting some of the incenses. They may not give you a high or a trip, but they can add all sorts of different atmospheres to whatever area you burn them in. I burn Nag Champa in my dorm all of the time and it really creates a relaxing environment. Only problem is, my RA thinks I’m smoking dope.

And about Absinthe, you can easily brew the stuff yourself if you buy Wormswood, which is the key ingredient. It is legal. I’d say the stuff is a little overrated though–you’re not going to see green fairies or anything dumb like in Eurotrip. If you drink alot, everything will seem to sort of “breathe” though. Kind of cool, I guess.

If you want to get lit up on something besides weed and acid I would suggest the mushroom called the Big Laughing Gym.You can find them in the woods almost everywhere, growing specificaly on fallen rotting elm trunks.For info on identifying them look in EYEWITNESS HANDBOOKS-MUSHROOMS by Thomas Laessoe and Gary Lincoff,DK Publishing, ISBN 0-7894-3335-4.You can also look in A Field Guide To Mushtooms by The National Audobon Society.
I found about 10 lbs. of them this year within a 5 mile radius of my house.I don’t trip anymore though, so they were kind of useless to me.The beauty of this is that they are free,natural and completely un-regulated.The down side is that there is a wide variety in the concentration of active ingredients, so the dosing gets sketchy.
Happy hunting and have a nice trip!

Thanks for all the advice. I went ahead and ordered some absinthium herb from online, and if it’s anything special I’ll put up a post about it.

Also, Wideguy, this is board about steroids and other drugs. I think the same principles of liberty and personal responsibility that should be applied to recreational anabolics extend to recreational narcotics as well. We’re all grown ups (those of you who aren’t, you will be, so keep this in mind) and should feel free to choose what we put in our bodies.

Not going to make a big deal out of it, but “other drugs” would most likely be other ergogenic aids. NOT shit to get you high. I’m not against getting high but, I think off topic would be more appropriate.

On a somewhat similar related note this whole incense thing reminds me of a story. A few years back me and a buddy of mine drove to WVU to visit one of our freinds. Anyway, at the time he started hanging out with alot of hippy types (fish heads ect.). By the time we got there we were both REAL tired/hungry/and I was kinda naceous (sp?). Well this crusty/very friendly/ungroomed/paccuolie oil drenched group was there to greet us. After a few minutes one of them starts burning this huge peice of sage. I take one hard whiff of that shit and straight spray puke all over the side of this kid next to me (I was aiming for the floor). Now on the other hand my traveling buddy (who had a HORRIBLE temper) bitch smacked sage boy up side his head and told him to get the fuck out of the room with that shit. Guess you had to be there, but a precious moment nonetheless.

[quote]Wideguy wrote:
Not going to make a big deal out of it, but “other drugs” would most likely be other ergogenic aids. NOT shit to get you high. I’m not against getting high but, I think off topic would be more appropriate.

On a somewhat similar related note this whole incense thing reminds me of a story. A few years back me and a buddy of mine drove to WVU to visit one of our freinds. Anyway, at the time he started hanging out with alot of hippy types (fish heads ect.). By the time we got there we were both REAL tired/hungry/and I was kinda naceous (sp?). Well this crusty/very friendly/ungroomed/paccuolie oil drenched group was there to greet us. After a few minutes one of them starts burning this huge peice of sage. I take one hard whiff of that shit and straight spray puke all over the side of this kid next to me (I was aiming for the floor). Now on the other hand my traveling buddy (who had a HORRIBLE temper) bitch smacked sage boy up side his head and told him to get the fuck out of the room with that shit. Guess you had to be there, but a precious moment nonetheless. [/quote]

Fish head? Hmm… Is that like a phish head?

LOL. Yeah, can’t you tell I’m a big fan.

since you’re on T-Nation you’re probably a HUGE fan

Huge as in my size??? Otherwise I don’t get it.