T Nation

Smoking Cigarettes

How many naturals out there with good physiques smoke?

Should natural lifters have extra rest days or less frequency / volume etc, assuming they are following a good prgramme and eating well and diet is good?

Cheers.

Smoke the cigs with your butthole

No one has ever had a problem from smoking cigs with their buttholes.

[quote]leon36 wrote:
Should natural lifters have extra rest days or less frequency / volume etc, assuming they are following a good prgramme and eating well and diet is good?
[/quote]

Depends on your genetics, schedule, number of years you have been training, strength, conditioning, goals.

Too broad a question to answer.

In general, assisted lifting helps greatly with recovery, therefore you can train harder and more frequently.

In all areas of BB, trial and error are your friend. Go to the gym and find out what works gor you personally.

Markus Rühl smokes. If it’s good enough for him, it’s good enough for you brah.

In case you wonder, he’s all natural bro. Smoking alone helped him become bigger than drug Ronnie.

P.S. He’s a competitive butthole smoker.

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:

No one has ever had a problem from soking cigs with their buttholes.

[/quote]

I sure will be staying away from whatever you’ve been smoking!

No one has ever had a problem from soking cigs with their buttholes.

[/quote]

its true. i done seen it.

lol you should quit regardless because it’s shit for your health and cardiovascular system which indirectly affect your gains i suppose.

Not that i have a great physique since im sitting at 20% bodyfat but out of the 4 years i’ve been lifting i’ve smoked 3 of them and still rarely and randomly burn one every now and again because im stupid.

It’s been a while since I heard the price of cigarettes but I’m pretty sure they cost greater than $5 a pack in Mass. If you price out a pack a day habit over a year that comes to $1,800 (rounded down). That buys a lot of food and supplements.
Oh and name a cancer, any one, smoking increases your risk of that cancer. And if you’re young and invincible go google image lung cancer and pancreatic cancer.

[quote]paulieserafini wrote:
lol you should quit regardless because it’s shit for your health and cardiovascular system which indirectly affect your gains i suppose.
[/quote]
This.

What a stupid question.

Its alnost as bad as saying something like…

How many naturals out there with good physiques that eat McDonalds everyday?

This is T-Nation bro, and your not welcome.

tweet

i smoked a pack a day for decade. i weighed between 138lbs - 150lbs.

…then I MANNED THE FUCK UP AND STARTED EATING & LIFTING…quit cold turkey

it goes AGAINST all your goals. i suppose if you plan on being the typical gym douchebag who lifts for 3-4 months and then quits…go ahead smoke. if you want to change your lifestyle, your life, and how you look and feel - QUIT.

i gained nearly 100lbs from lifting in those years since smoking. i’m leaner smaller now @ about 210lbs…but quitting saved my life.

Plus - you stink like shit dude. seriously, you fucking stink.

http://sdfs.ucps.k12.nc.us/images/Smokers%20Lung.JPG

In all seriousness this is what your lungs will look like when you die if you don’t quit, which I reckon won’t take very long.

What’s the point of being hyooge and jacked if you’re unhealthy as fuck? Or being a 220 5% bodyfat corpse? I’d bet a lot that you would still be healthier after a lifetime of pro chemically enhanced bodybuilding than a few years smoking. Smoking statistically has a great tendency to make you make crappy health choices anyway.

So why bother about the side effects of roids when you get much worse from smoking? Quit it!

Dennis Wolf

Hypothetically speaking, lets assume you do smoke…

Not to mention aging your skin and making you smell terrible, everyone who smokes consistently eventually will develop some form of emphysema and cellular changes in their mucociliary escalator functions (that gross hacky cough that smokers get). It is the #1 cause of COPD. It is also the #1 cause of lung cancer which leads the statistics for deaths by cancer in the US. It will predispose you to almost every other cancer you can possibly imagine, specifically renal, bladder, esophageal, and cancers of the mouth.

Smoking does seem to be somewhat protective against ulcerative colitis though. So I guess you have that going for you.

Now to answer your question more, all tobacco products will speed up your metabolism to a degree and could limit your work capacity. I just wouldn’t even bother with the stuff if you are serious about your training and health.

/rant

I have a lot of family members who smoke and it is quite disgusting in my book. It is sad that some people will let something so small control their lives and damage their health. My grandmother came to visit us for the week and she ended up having a small medical emergency. I watched her leave the emergency room in atrial fibrillation because they told her she could not smoke there. This subsequently ruined the rest of the week because me and my family had to worry about her dumb ass for the rest of the time she spent with us. I hate the stupidity that surrounds the stuff.

Not many people are built like a shit brickhouse and smoke like a chimney. What answer were you expecting… There’s no secret tactics you can use to smoke and have a awesome body/health. Just quit if you want to follow the lifestyle. It will be one of the hardest things you will do

No one has ever had a problem from smoking cigs with their buttholes.

[/quote]

Lies - it will give you cancer of teh ringpiece.

QUIT SMOKING, DAWG!

[quote]Moe Doobie wrote:
QUIT SMOKING, DAWG! [/quote]

Aint gonna happen mayne. I like smoking mayne. I’ve tried; NLP; Cold turkey; Hypnoses; CBT, Alan Carr; the gum.

None of it works, nada esseh.

I KNOW my gains will not be as good, based on a period in my twenties when I did not smoke for a few months. Anyhow, just asking if theoretically a smoker should do less frequency or volume etc.

Simple question, deserving of a simple, non trolly answer.

As for cardio, I can run on the fat burning Interval on the treadmill for 45 mins with zero hassle at level 7 out of ten. I’d go harder but it would FCUK my knees. I can swim front crawl, non stop lenghts for 40 mins, without breaks, including a full out sprint every 5 lengths. My cardio is freaking awesome and I attribute it to Army cadets age 13 - 16. They bacially trained us to think 'Mind over matter. If it hurts - tell yourself it doesn’t. If it still hurts, tell yourself it doesn’t matter, ignore it." Also I used to live around 8 miles mostly up hill from an ex GF so had to ride there daily on my ATB for my ‘ride’ for about a year ha ha.

I have a resting heaertbeat of below 60 and have been told by several docs that I have what they call ‘atheletes heartrate.’ If I were ill it would be termed brachardyia, but as I am not, it’s not. Many ask me if I used to be an actual athelete.

That aside, I know the cigs will probably get me in the end. Tough shit, we were all born to die mayne.

Back to the actual question - the ONLY advice I want to discuss is - should smokers (I go through around 10 - 15 a day) have

A. Less volume

B. Less frequency

C. Longer breaks between workouts.

D. Any other non trolly, constructive idea / information.

E. Just get on with it and F#$%ing lift and eat well.

FOR THE RECORD - If an ompnipotent being popped out of the sky and asked me if I wanted to press a button if I did so, would never have ever started smoking in the first place - would I press it?

HELLS YEAH.

But that aint the case mayne.

[quote]leon36 wrote:

[quote]Moe Doobie wrote:

Aint gonna happen mayne. I like smoking mayne. I’ve tried; NLP; Cold turkey; Hypnoses; CBT, Alan Carr; the gum.

I KNOW my gains will not be as good, based on a period in my twenties when I did not smoke for a few months. Anyhow, just asking if theoretically a smoker should do less frequency or volume etc.

As for cardio, I can run on the fat burning Interval on the treadmill for 45 mins with zero hassle at level 7 out of ten. I’d go harder but it would FCUK my knees. I can swim front crawl, non stop lenghts for 40 mins, without breaks, including a full out sprint every 5 lengths. My cardio is freaking awesome and I attribute it to Army cadets age 13 - 16. They bacially trained us to think 'Mind over matter. If it hurts - tell yourself it doesn’t. If it still hurts, tell yourself it doesn’t matter, ignore it." Also I used to live around 8 miles mostly up hill from an ex GF so had to ride there daily on my ATB for my ‘ride’ for about a year ha ha.

I have a resting heaertbeat of below 60 and have been told by several docs that I have what they call ‘atheletes heartrate.’ If I were ill it would be termed brachardyia, but as I am not, it’s not. Many ask me if I used to be an actual athelete.

That aside, I know the cigs will probably get me in the end. Tough shit, we were all born to die mayne.

Back to the actual question - the ONLY advice I want to discuss is - should smokers (I go through around 10 - 15 a day) have

A. Less volume

B. Less frequency

FOR THE RECORD - If an ompnipotent being popped out of the sky and asked me if I wanted to press a button if I did so, would never have ever started smoking in the first place - would I press it?

HELLS YEAH.

But that aint the case mayne.[/quote]

Have you tried growing a pair? I heard that works pretty well.

CS

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:

[quote]leon36 wrote:

[quote]Moe Doobie wrote:

A. Less volume

B. Less frequency

HELLS YEAH.

But that aint the case mayne.[/quote]

Have you tried growing a pair? I heard that works pretty well.

CS[/quote]

I Like smoking. I’m a single guy who lives alone in a big apartment. All my mates smoke and my sister and old man smoke. How the eff I’m gonna quit?

Only time I’ve ever quit was when I had non smoking Gf’s.

Right now I’m on seroquela dn that shizzle makes you want to smoke more. Before that - one month ago - I was down to just 3 a day in the evening after work. Now it’s 10 or more a day.

Good old psych meds, cure you of one thing, lay another on ya!