Smoking Cessation and Volume

You know what: I didn’t mean to insult anyone. I didn’t try to call you an old man, I just tried to call you an old man,I didn’t come over as one. I’m very pleased for everyone that quit smoking because it’s a horrible slow killer. I’m trying to get my mom of it for years now, she smokes, I don’t want to lose her.

Hereby I retract every statement I made in this threat. I tried to be helpful, but if the consensus is my thoughts are poisonous, I will keep them to myself. I want you guys to be healthy. If that means giving in, so be it.

I’m very sorry for your father. Please do not take insult in what I said. I understand this is a emotional issue for you.

And sorry, but “notable” doesn’t mean "major " per se.

[quote]Panopticum wrote:
You know what: I didn’t mean to insult anyone. I didn’t try to call you an old man, I just tried to call you an old man,I didn’t come over as one. I’m very pleased for everyone that quit smoking because it’s a horrible slow killer. I’m trying to get my mom of it for years now, she smokes, I don’t want to lose her.

Hereby I retract every statement I made in this threat. I tried to be helpful, but if the consensus is my thoughts are poisonous, I will keep them to myself. I want you guys to be healthy. If that means giving in, so be it.

I’m very sorry for your father. Please do not take insult in what I said. I understand this is a emotional issue for you.

And sorry, but “notable” doesn’t mean "major " per se.
[/quote]

Apology accepted. My intention was not for you to “give in”, but to encourage you to reflect on the value and purpose of what you wrote.

Also, I’m guessing English is not your first language. There’s nothing wrong with that, but you need to be aware of your shortcomings. Statements like…

[quote]Panopticum wrote:
I didn’t try to call you an old man, I just tried to call you an old man,I didn’t come over as one.[/quote]

…can easily be misinterpreted as a direct insult.

domcib: I assume you are still hanging in there? You’re closing in on two full weeks and you’re nearly out of the woods. It just gets easier from here, but it may be a while before you find it to no longer be hard. You’ll be tested every day, but it sounds like you’re ready for that.

You’re definitely right that this thread needs to simmer down and you’re right about anger triggers. I sure as hell wanted a cigarette after I was all fired up this morning. Over five years after quitting those thoughts still worm their way into my head!

Hahaha I see it it now. English isn’t my first language indeed, but this isn’t because of my crappy english…I say to myself it’s pretty good.
This is a result of my phone’s crappy spelling corrector. Somehow that thing makes my words teleport into another sentence. You wouldn’t believe how much of a pain in the ass typing on that thing is, but I wanted to immediately response when I was in the train.

Also, because I forget to switch my setting from ML to English half the time, both my dictionaries are screwed.

hi twojar
i’m still here. all good. getting easier and easier. craves are fewer and shorter lived. The crazy volume capacity has subsided a bit. I kinda figured it would happen. So, i had a couple days off, and I’m back at it.

all the best!

I’ve been wondering about you.

I wish I had been a lifter when I was going through the process of quitting. All of that food I ate…

I’m really glad to hear you’re still at it. Congratulations and keep going!