Smoking AT the Gym?

Smoking is nasty-I won’t post an incessant rant detailing the various reasons why I hate it. The gym, I foolishly thought, should be a SMOKE FREE zone.

The last week, I have been met by a cloud of smoke when I exit the gym. There’s only one way out, so I have no choice but to hold my breath and duck through it. Complaints to gym staff fall on deaf ears, as well, which brings me to my rant:-)

After spending time weight training for my own personal health, the last thing I should be met with at the end of my w/o is some overly tanned tacky bimbo smoking in front of the gym. I’ve never seen her w/o, yet she’s dressed a la “Perfect” (for those of you that remember Jamie Lee Curtis). So, yes, she’s trapped in a time warp with the thong over her spandex (I’m so sure some men will be like YES!), her hair teased high like Flo from Alice and her overly painted lips sucking the life out of a cig as if her life depended on it.

I don’t care what she looks like, etc., I just think it sux ass that this douche bag persists in smoking at the entrance. What’s worse, as the week has gone on, she’s had more members join this ridiculous assembly of smokin’ idiots.

I’ve gotten use to people at work that ignore the sign that indicates smokers need to be 100 feet away from the building. Does this sign even need to be posted at a GYM? What the hell?

Sounds like you lift at Planet Fitness.

Yeah, I agree. Since its winter here in CT, all the smokers who live in my dorm building decide to stand right near the door to have their cigarettes and we just have to hold out breath and walk through it.

Its a pain in the ass, but what can ya do?

And yes, the fact that its outside a gym is a little ironic.

Fill a squirt gun with gasoline and try to douse their cigs.

most importantly … did she have on leg warmers ?

[quote]tekgrl wrote:
Smoking is nasty-I won’t post an incessant rant detailing the various reasons why I hate it. The gym, I foolishly thought, should be a SMOKE FREE zone.

The last week, I have been met by a cloud of smoke when I exit the gym. There’s only one way out, so I have no choice but to hold my breath and duck through it. Complaints to gym staff fall on deaf ears, as well, which brings me to my rant:-)

After spending time weight training for my own personal health, the last thing I should be met with at the end of my w/o is some overly tanned tacky bimbo smoking in front of the gym. I’ve never seen her w/o, yet she’s dressed a la “Perfect” (for those of you that remember Jamie Lee Curtis). So, yes, she’s trapped in a time warp with the thong over her spandex (I’m so sure some men will be like YES!), her hair teased high like Flo from Alice and her overly painted lips sucking the life out of a cig as if her life depended on it.

I don’t care what she looks like, etc., I just think it sux ass that this douche bag persists in smoking at the entrance. What’s worse, as the week has gone on, she’s had more members join this ridiculous assembly of smokin’ idiots.

I’ve gotten use to people at work that ignore the sign that indicates smokers need to be 100 feet away from the building. Does this sign even need to be posted at a GYM? What the hell?[/quote]

tek-
That’s not cool. I don’t blame you for being pissed. Your description of her made me think of the old bad in “something about mary”. Overly tanned and tacky broads annoy me in general…the idea that she smokes in front of a gym is beyond annoying. If I can think of anything to get rid of her, I’ll PM you…do you know what car she drives?

[quote]hardwork wrote:
Sounds like you lift at Planet Fitness.[/quote]

No, 24 hr Fitness, which sucks ass anyway. I never had this problem at Golds in Vegas…

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Fill a squirt gun with gasoline and try to douse their cigs.[/quote]

good idea, bet that spandex will go up in flames pretty fast:-) (evil snicker)

[quote]tekgrl wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Fill a squirt gun with gasoline and try to douse their cigs.

good idea, bet that spandex will go up in flames pretty fast:-) (evil snicker)[/quote]

and stick to her skin, like napalm … that’ll teach her.

Maybe try telling the manager you have some smoke allergy… or asthma and if you end up in the hospital because of this bitch it’ll be his ass in trouble…

just give her a donkey punch and run

[quote]zamoney55 wrote:
just give her a donkey punch and run [/quote]

I didn’t know a woman could give a Donkey Punch. You learn something new everyday. Haha

Please, just walking by someone smoking as you walk out isn’t going to do you any harm. Don’t any of you ever go to bars, pubs, pool halls, or the like? If you do, walking though a little really shouldn’t irk you that much.

Most people here know I’m a smoker, and not all that apologetic about it…we all have our vices.

I say go cry about it. You’ve thrown us out of everywhere else inside, so when we’re outside, fucking deal with it.

Sometimes it seems like people are going out of their way to find ways to be offended.

She’s not smoking inside the gym, so you don’t have to breathe it. You claim to be able to duck through it while holding your breath.

Leaving aside the fact that inhaling one breath of smoke even once a day probably has very little deleterious effect on your health (certainly comparable to breathing the smog in many downtown areas) it appears that it’s not that much of an inconvenience for you to simply go through it.

That such a trivial matter has you ranting about it on a website is reflects worse on your tolerance levels than it does on the smoker and her cravings.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Most people here know I’m a smoker, and not all that apologetic about it…we all have our vices.

I say go cry about it. You’ve thrown us out of everywhere else inside, so when we’re outside, fucking deal with it.[/quote]

Typical response I’d expect from a Jersey Mook. If you want to kill yourself, you could suck it up and step away from the doors…unless you’ve bench pressed SO much you don’t have enough energy to move your damned ass:p Too bad you don’t wo at my gym, I’d squirt you with my gasoline pistol…

[quote]pookie wrote:
Sometimes it seems like people are going out of their way to find ways to be offended.

She’s not smoking inside the gym, so you don’t have to breathe it. You claim to be able to duck through it while holding your breath.

Leaving aside the fact that inhaling one breath of smoke even once a day probably has very little deleterious effect on your health (certainly comparable to breathing the smog in many downtown areas) it appears that it’s not that much of an inconvenience for you to simply go through it.

That such a trivial matter has you ranting about it on a website is reflects worse on your tolerance levels than it does on the smoker and her cravings.
[/quote]

If this is such a “trivial” matter, why the fuck did you feel the need to reply? I AM allergic to smoke and as a matter of fact it’s a pain in the ass to have to hold my breath because some inane bitch can’t wait to get to her car to light up.

The bottom line: it’s a gym, a place where people go to be healthy. If someone wants to smoke incessantly there’s a place for it…go to a bar and smoke and drink your brains out rather than impose your sickening habits on the rest of us who want to live a healthy life!

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

I say go cry about it. You’ve thrown us out of everywhere else inside, so when we’re outside, fucking deal with it.[/quote]

You sound like a real prick. Tek might be allergic to smoke. My wife has asthma and it pisses me off when I see some dickhead blocking an entrance and smoking.

Smoker’s rights my ass!

[quote]xalfred wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:

I say go cry about it. You’ve thrown us out of everywhere else inside, so when we’re outside, fucking deal with it.

You sound like a real prick. Tek might be allergic to smoke. My wife has asthma and it pisses me off when I see some dickhead blocking an entrance and smoking.

Smoker’s rights my ass![/quote]

Blah blah blah.

And I’m allergic to jerkoffs farting in crowded elevators or women that wear massive amounts of overwhelming perfume, or the assholes that don’t wear deodarant who insist on working right next to me on hundred degree days.

I hate to say it folks, but sometimes you just have to endure things that you find revolting. Deal with it.

[quote]rcsermas wrote:
Please, just walking by someone smoking as you walk out isn’t going to do you any harm. Don’t any of you ever go to bars, pubs, pool halls, or the like? If you do, walking though a little really shouldn’t irk you that much.[/quote]

That’s EXACTLY why I stopped going to those places. If I did walk into a bar, I would expect there to be smoke. Since I have allergies, I just stay away. I didn’t think it would be an issue at a gym…