T Nation

Smile, Sarah.... Smile ...!

1a55a%20Sarah%20Huckabee%20Sanders

Hall and Oates said it best:

"…If you feel like leaving, you know you can go…
…But why don’t you stay until tomorrow?
…If you want to be free, you know, all you got to do is say so…"

Sarah is leaving by the end of the Year.

Good for her…!

She’s too good for that Shit-Hole called a White House…
SHS is probably going to make more money that most of us combined…

I think she will most likely land at some Conservative Think Tank…but I don’t think that FOX is out of the question…

…Smile, Sarah…Smile…

(…the Floor is now open…!)

What has she done that leads you to characterize her as “good”? I find nothing redeeming in her behavior or character.

And I’ll thank you to never defoul my favorite song again by associating it with her!

I know both of you hate Trump, but she’s a joy to watch. I enjoy watching anyone who is really good at their job, I don’t care if it changing tires, cooking, or slapping Jim Acosta’s whiney ass. People who take pride in their work and do it well always impress me.

Shit man you take a job where you spend all day spinning TRUMP? If you can handle that job, I daresay there aren’t many that you can’t handle

Same is true of Baghdad Bob, but I wouldn’t be inclined to hire him either.

LOL!!!

THIS!

Agree. Spinning Trump probably ranks right up there with those poor, amazing souls they send down the sewers in major cities to dislodge those large boulders of used Wet Wipes, toilet tissue and Tampons/Sanitary Napkins.

HEY!

We all liked “Baghdad Bob”, didn’t we? LOL!

Do you think we could get whatshisname to do a dirty jobs episode?!?!

Looks like SHS was asked to leave a Virginia restaurant because she worked for Trump.

NOT cool.

Not cool if she was black…
Not cool is she was gay…

And not cool because she works for Trump.

(Hell…can the Secret Service detail even fit in this place? Looks kind’a like my Storage Shed…)

Anyhoo…

Stupid move on the owner’s part…that doesn’t help any “point” she was trying to make.

I wouldn’t equate something that reflects on her character, one way or another, with something she has no control over.

Virtue signaling like she’s trying to manually land a 747!

The money she’ll receive from the patronage of her business for such a brave act will make it worth it.

I don’t see how you can relate the first two categories to working for Trump. She is choosing to get paid handsomely for putting a spin on morally corrupt deeds, and that’s something she will be held accountable for.

Ummmmm…

This is why I’ve always liked PWI on T-Nation…my thoughts get challenged and tested.

Somewhat surprising replies, but I see what you all are saying.

I guess I was (unintentionally) equating gayness and blackness to her voluntarily working for Trump.

With that said; do you guys think that it was “smart” of the owner to do what she did; it was simply her choice to make; or both?

Still boils down to “we don’t serve your kind here.”

I don’t see any real difference between political and religious beliefs.

Was she asked to leave because of her political beliefs? Are Republicans not welcome at the restaurant in question?

After this thread started, I read an opinion piece that did a better job than I could summing up why this is different than simply refusing service of someone with a different political affiliation:

"But let’s make it clear, this is not about asking someone to leave or heckling them simply because they are Republicans or conservatives. That would be wrong. This is about targeting people who are very publicly involved in formulating and defending Trump’s immoral policies.

In fact, the people who heckled Secretary Nielsen didn’t yell: “Get out of here because you’re a Republican.” No, their chants were very specific to Trump’s family separation immigration policy she had been publicly defending just days before, telling Nielsen: “Do you hear the babies crying?” and “If kids don’t eat in peace, you don’t eat in peace.” That is literally speaking truth to power.

Stephanie Wilkinson, the owner of the Red Hen restaurant, who had asked press secretary Sanders to leave, told the media on Saturday that she is “not a huge fan of confrontation,” adding, “I have a business, and I want the business to thrive.” But as Wilkinson rightly noted, “This feels like the moment in our democracy when people have to make uncomfortable actions and decisions to uphold their morals.”
(written by Dean Obeidallah)

You BELIEVE their policies are immoral. I don’t. A lot of people believe anyone of a different faith is immoral. Why can’t they discriminate against them?

Yes, you do. You don’t think separating children from their parents is moral and you know that. Now, just because something is immoral doesn’t mean it isn’t necessary. The trouble with your logic is that it leads to the idea that actions by the state are moral simply by virtue of being actions by the state.

Did you take a survey?

Because they might be considered a protected class.