Smash Your Lower Abs with a Foam Roller

I just invented an exercise that annihilates my abdominals in a controlled fashion.

lay down on the floor with your head by a couch or something heavy
put a foam roller under your lower back
brace your arms on the couch
now hold your legs like a frog, or like your are doing a seated groin stretch
bring your hips up

this is like some sort of frog-reverse crunch thing

make sure you have a strong back and TVA, but this RAPES your lower abdominals. i put my legs in this position to negate any hip flexor movement, its all hip flexion.

i love it.

very sexual sounding

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
very sexual sounding[/quote]

It does…

Now, just say everything reeeeeeeal slooooooooooow…

It sounds hot!!

slowly now… buuuuutttt ttthhhiiiissss RRRRAAAAPPPPPPEEESSSS yyyouuurrr lowwerrr… abdominals?! wait wat?!

i did feel sexually empowered while i did it

lower abs? no such thing. abs are one big muscle, you contract it all at the same time.

he probably means the abs + lower musculature of your torso…as we all know that not all torso exercises work the same things nor produce the same results

i am interested to give these a try, as i’m looking for something new, where my hipflexors would be less inclined to take over

[quote]schultzie wrote:
i put my legs in this position to negate any hip flexor movement, its all hip flexion.
quote]

I didn’t understand this part, how is it all hip flexion without using hip flexors? aint that impossible?

the rectus abdominis and external obliques stabalize the pelvis so i’m sure this is where the work occurs

err i meat its just all hips into ripcage or whatever. and by lower abs i just meant more TVA and lower obliques, if you don’t use the tva hard your lower back hurts, so you have to.

i just find it much better than hanging leg raises, because i tend to start swinging around and wasting energy holding on to the bar.

im doing these with my legs straight out now and sort of “levering” my torso at the middle of the spine, like a leg raise but the pivot point is higher up. works really well and gets a huge stretch at the bottom if you can touch the ground with your heels.

Do you have a video? I’m a bit confused.

[quote]DOHCrazy wrote:
Do you have a video? [/quote]

Yeah, but it’s NSFW.

so its kinda like lying leg raises on a bench but you go beyond the 180 level at the bottom?

yeah, i flex as high on the spine as i can.

[quote]duddy wrote:
lower abs? no such thing. abs are one big muscle, you contract it all at the same time. [/quote]

Eh

[quote]schultzie wrote:
if you don’t use the tva hard your lower back hurts, so you have to.[/quote]

When you say “you have to” you mean you suggest it for people with low back problems caused by tightness of the TVA? You do any other special stretches or exercises (hip flexor stretch, etc.)?