Smash My PS3

In yonge-dundas square in toronto no less - i went past the tent in the background today on my way home from work.

A statement on consumerism?

Or just a bunch of nerds who didn’t get enough beatings from their older brothers?

yeah these are pretty well known for smashing the “hottest items” that everyone is going for at the time. they raise money from people who enjoy seeing it, so they arent paying a dime for the product. they smashed a ps2, gamecube, xbox, xbox360, ps3, and soon the wii.

in a way i enjoy seeing their antics, it kinda, in a subtle way shows us that the shit that, has people going crazy over, isnt anything more than a object that can only bring so much pleasure in our lives.

edit: wow that came out of my mouth? i need another guinness and some poonanie

An N64 would have survived that. In fact, it could even host multiplayer Goldeneye sessions while someone did that.

OK, did you see what the ass clown that bought the PS3 was wearing? And his disheveled appearance? I think I would want to beat him just for offending my vision if I saw him in real life. God dam furry pimp hat.

Then he smashes the Playstation. And need I add how pathetic the goobers in line watching looked? Jesus! No wonder skinny girly guy is in, society is giving no choice cause people seem to never get any exercise.

And that skinny dork didnt even obliterate the PS3 with a sledge hammer! Sure he banged it up a bit. But dam he had a sledge hammer and whacked it a few times with over head swings.

[quote]Petedacook wrote:
And that skinny dork didnt even obliterate the PS3 with a sledge hammer! Sure he banged it up a bit. But dam he had a sledge hammer and whacked it a few times with over head swings. [/quote]

That PS3 looks like it could take a nuclear blast :open_mouth:

[quote]Petedacook wrote:
And that skinny dork didnt even obliterate the PS3 with a sledge hammer! Sure he banged it up a bit. But dam he had a sledge hammer and whacked it a few times with over head swings. [/quote]

its obvious the goof’s never used a sledge for anything. the return/upstroke that he has is pathetic. wouldn’t last two days on a survey crew.

The PS3 is like an overpriced bunker. I’m surprised it took any damage at all.

Regardless… you guys seen the disgusting events on Ebay? One sold there this AM for (NO SHIT) $15,000 and another later today sold for $12,100.

People are truly fucking sick to spend that kind of money on a game system that will be $150 in two years.

From reading many of the game reviews for the PS3, it seems that smashing it with a sledgehammer is probably the most fun you can have with one right now.

Replay value is low, though.

alright first to the topic. They shouldnt do that if they didnt want it they shouldnt have bought it. Second the ps3 has high replay value right now ELDERS SCROLL 4 OBLIVION ANYONE?!?!?! 100 hour rpg plus numeriouse other games that will last untill assasins creed, final fantasy 13 and a host of other games comes out definatly the best Next gen system.

[quote]John S. wrote:
alright first to the topic. They shouldnt do that if they didnt want it they shouldnt have bought it. Second the ps3 has high replay value right now ELDERS SCROLL 4 OBLIVION ANYONE?!?!?! 100 hour rpg plus numeriouse other games that will last untill assasins creed, final fantasy 13 and a host of other games comes out definatly the best Next gen system.[/quote]

Yea, but Oblivion has been out on 360 for awhile.

[quote]John S. wrote:
alright first to the topic. They shouldnt do that if they didnt want it they shouldnt have bought it. Second the ps3 has high replay value right now ELDERS SCROLL 4 OBLIVION ANYONE?!?!?! 100 hour rpg plus numeriouse other games that will last untill assasins creed, final fantasy 13 and a host of other games comes out definatly the best Next gen system.[/quote]

So what if they bought it to smash it? If they enjoy their PS3 more that way way…

[quote]John S. wrote:
alright first to the topic. They shouldnt do that if they didnt want it they shouldnt have bought it. Second the ps3 has high replay value right now ELDERS SCROLL 4 OBLIVION ANYONE?!?!?! [/quote]

I meant the replay value of smashing it to bits. Re-smashing the bits is not as much fun, hence the low replay value.

As for Oblivion, it’s not out for the PS3 until 2007…

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
John S. wrote:
alright first to the topic. They shouldnt do that if they didnt want it they shouldnt have bought it. Second the ps3 has high replay value right now ELDERS SCROLL 4 OBLIVION ANYONE?!?!?! 100 hour rpg plus numeriouse other games that will last untill assasins creed, final fantasy 13 and a host of other games comes out definatly the best Next gen system.

Yea, but Oblivion has been out on 360 for awhile. [/quote]

To top it off, there’s something like 300+ games for previous PS versions that it WON’T play — even though it claims it can play any previous game.

You should have your head examined if you spend any time or money to procure ANY piece of electronics when it first comes out.

[quote]orion wrote:
John S. wrote:

So what if they bought it to smash it? If they enjoy their PS3 more that way way…[/quote]

P.S.
Waitaminnit. Did you say “numeriouse”?!

What it is with people buying next-gen consoles to play old-gen games? Does the old console somehow evaporate from your living room when you bring the new one in?

Actually if you read up there is a patch for the ps3 that will let you play all the games. you will automaticly dl it if you have it set up for the internet.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
Yea, but Oblivion has been out on 360 for awhile. [/quote]

And for the computer even longer.

[quote]buffalokilla wrote:
beebuddy wrote:
Yea, but Oblivion has been out on 360 for awhile.

And for the computer even longer.

[/quote]

It’s actually the reason I bought the 360. I would have needed an new MOBO and graphics card to play Oblivion. It worked out to be cheaper to buy the 360. I’m glad I did though, looks like some cool games are on the way.