Smallville Season Finale

Watched this tonight. Seen every episode and i have to say the finally was awesome. Finally hearing the superman theme and the ‘S’. Definitely kicked ass, very sad to see it end.

[quote]Johnny T Frisk wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
I found this too. I never watched the show, but I’m assuming that the voice he heard was Jor-El’s, and it sounded to me like Terrence Stamp! Was it him?

No its this dude Julian Sands - IMDb
[/quote]

Hermm? No, Julian plays the live version of Jor El when it goes back in time to when he came to earth and met the Kents, but the voice of Jor El throughout Smallville is, in fact, the great Terence Stamp.

You get used to it ^^

I enjoyed the final episode. Would’ve enjoyed it more had my woman hushed and stopped puffing and complaining at the cheese in the episode but it did tie everything up. I felt they could’ve done more with his first flight, I mean we waited 10 seasons for him grow his wings, but it was a nice touch for him to conquer his final challenge and become the man of steel through flight. Was great to see original Lex, Lionel and John back for the final episode too - respectful to the actors who invested many years into that show.

All in it was a great program. It had it’s downs; namely the first two seasons of meteor freak episodes and I still think FAR too many people had access to kryptonite - but it was a great watch and Tom Welling and crew did, by far, the best job of realising the Superman universe I’ve seen yet.

I third the JLA series. Bring on John jones and crew!

I totally missed this thread and posted the below in the ongoing smallville thread. I was shocked no one mentioned the finale. i didnt even think to look for another thread.

So… anybody watch the finale? possoble spoilers for those who have not seen it. No one has said a peep about it.

I loved it. It had flaws but i loved it. The recap scenes were great. The scenes with Jonathan Kent were great. I liked Lex and Clark’s conversation. The biggest problem with it was clearly a budgetary problem. Not having the resources to have Clark fight a digital darkseid instead of the possessed Lionel. Not having the cash to show Superman handling the Apocolyps, etc. Even the flight scenes were not as impressive as when Jor-el took over Clark’s body and flew a few seasons ago. They were still great but not as visually impressive. These are all small complaints. I think they did a great job with what they had. Its a tv show with average ratings. Not a blockbuster film.

I’m so happy the show lasted long enough to get to see Clark become Superman. I also loved how apocolyps was a planet. You see Oliver down there on the street with everyone else… completely helpless. What is his bow and arrow going to do to that? This was clearly the biggest threat the show ever had as it should of been. This was a job for the most powerful super hero of all time… Superman. Bravo WB!!!

[quote]DJS wrote:
I totally missed this thread and posted the below in the ongoing smallville thread. I was shocked no one mentioned the finale. i didnt even think to look for another thread.

So… anybody watch the finale? possoble spoilers for those who have not seen it. No one has said a peep about it.

I loved it. It had flaws but i loved it. The recap scenes were great. The scenes with Jonathan Kent were great. I liked Lex and Clark’s conversation. The biggest problem with it was clearly a budgetary problem. Not having the resources to have Clark fight a digital darkseid instead of the possessed Lionel. Not having the cash to show Superman handling the Apocolyps, etc. Even the flight scenes were not as impressive as when Jor-el took over Clark’s body and flew a few seasons ago. They were still great but not as visually impressive. These are all small complaints. I think they did a great job with what they had. Its a tv show with average ratings. Not a blockbuster film.

I’m so happy the show lasted long enough to get to see Clark become Superman. I also loved how apocolyps was a planet. You see Oliver down there on the street with everyone else… completely helpless. What is his bow and arrow going to do to that? This was clearly the biggest threat the show ever had as it should of been. This was a job for the most powerful super hero of all time… Superman. Bravo WB!!!
[/quote]

My only issue with the final battle was that we see a microscopic Clark fly up into the Apocalypse planet and then… it’s done. Seems like they could have cut one of the two readings of the vows ALL the way through to focus more on what should have been (IMO) an epic battle that finally vaults Clark into his true Superman status. The fight with the possessed Lionel was a cool way to introduce the flight, but it left me thinking there’d be more required to defeat the actual planet-being.

All in all, a great show. The seasons with Lana as a witch nearly lost me (I thought they did too much to keep Lana as a regular once Lois showed up). I agree with X’s summary: more right than wrong and I’ll miss it.

I teared up a little at the end. Superman was the first movie I ever saw on the big screen (31 years ago) with my dad, who hates being in closed dark places but took me anyway because I love the character so much. Unforgettable moment and the last part where his earth father gave him the costume was very moving to me. Great way to end a very good show.

it was a massive blow off

Im actually glad it is over. They sort of lost track of what it should of been about.

I really liked it, but I was very disappointed about not seeing a full shot of him in the costume. But I remember way back when reading something from him that he never wanted to wear the suit. He didn’t feel worthy of it or something like that. But overall, as cheesy as some it was, it was not any worse than any of the other episodes and was great to see some things finally resolved.

Loved seeing Mr. Kent and Lex back again. They were always great. Glad that Lana didn’t come back. Also, liked seeing Lionel again. He was always an interesting character. Sad to see it go, but it was definitely time.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I loved the show until Lex left…and even after he left, some of the shows did maintain that “feeling” of the first few seasons.

The success in this is the creation of a viable Lex character that I honestly would have loved to see added into the comics. Rosenbaum was the best thing that show had going for it.

Other than that, the way they presented the Kents was epic. the father couldn’t have been better at that role and using the original “Lana Lang” from the movies for the mother was a perfect choice.

I will miss the good shows…and will still beat them over the head for the bad ones.

But overall, for ten years…they did it right more than they did it wrong.

I will miss it.[/quote]

I agree 100% first, michael rosenbaum, I believe thats his name, as the character lex luthor, was the best part of that show. he was the perfect lex luthor. great acting. he wasn’t some bumbling fool like in the movies but rather an extremely intelligent and charismatic guy. as for John schneider(can you believe the guy who play Bo Duke from dukes of hazzard.) He gave such emotion to the role johnathan Kent, rarely seen in any tv show. just my personal opinion. having him in the final show was great. without him, the show wouldn’t have been the same.

we should now talk about the greatest show ever put on tv. “supernatural”