T Nation

Smaller Meals for Mass?

Ok I’m going to make a trip to the grocery store today and looking for what to buy. I have been stuffing myself with loads of chicken and beef and my stomach has been kicking my ass. I’m looking for solutions to eating smaller amounts of food but getting a lot of carbs and protein for mass.

What kinds of food can I buy that will not make me feel like I need to puke all day? I have seen multiple threads discussing things such as yogurt, oatmeal, wheat bread, brown rice, and nuts. I have been trying to put down 2 chicken breast, 2 cups of brown rice and some various greens in between meals and it�??s rough.

I�??m only 158lbs and trying to get my stomach used to this amount of food and its not comfortable. If I can get some good suggestions on what to but today that will help me pack the mass on without the discomfort I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance.

2 pieces of chicken and 2 cups of brown rice in between meals?? isn’t that a meal?
lol

if you have calculated how much you need to eat per day to grow, then spread it out throughout the day. There is no set number of meals that you can consume throughout the day. most find it to be 5-6 every couple hours. You can wake up earlier or for some in the middle of the night and consume a shake or small meal then. you can even have 8-10 meals throught the day if spread out every couple hours. I’ve never had a problem with getting sick from eating too much. Feel bloated and full and lazy…yes…sick…not so much…hope that helps

-Gerdy

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
2 pieces of chicken and 2 cups of brown rice in between meals?? isn’t that a meal?
lol

if you have calculated how much you need to eat per day to grow, then spread it out throughout the day. There is no set number of meals that you can consume throughout the day. most find it to be 5-6 every couple hours. You can wake up earlier or for some in the middle of the night and consume a shake or small meal then. you can even have 8-10 meals throught the day if spread out every couple hours. I’ve never had a problem with getting sick from eating too much. Feel bloated and full and lazy…yes…sick…not so much…hope that helps

-Gerdy[/quote]

Yea I guess this would be a meal lol. I have taken miscellaneous information on others diets and tried to incorporate this into my own. This is what I need to get my 3300 calories a day. I guess I could break this up into more meals but I am in search of smaller amounts of food for more calories. Is breaking up what I am eating into smaller meals the only way to get my daily calorie intake?

I used to buy Entenmenns whole wheat bagels, and I’d wolf one down with some Peanut Butter between meals. I’d usually have a scoop of Metabolic Drive, or whey powder to drink (milk filled me up more than a small shake made with water).

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
I used to buy Entenmenns whole wheat bagels, and I’d wolf one down with some Peanut Butter between meals. I’d usually have a scoop of Metabolic Drive, or whey powder to drink (milk filled me up more than a small shake made with water).

S
[/quote]

I have been eating everything bagels with cream cheese! I will give them a whirl with peanut butter! Why whole wheat VS. white?

White bread, is just air and junk calories. AT least whole wheat is complex carbs, some fiber, if you’re lucky you get a few grams of protein as well. THe peanut butter is filled with healthy fats (good calories!), low sugar, and some fiber and protein (although not enough to consider it a protein source by itself).

I remember one of my earlier bulk ups where I was using Myoplex shakes as beverages with 2 or 3 of my regular meals. You should have seen the looks I was getting, 2 tuna sandwiches on whole wheat, a banana, and a myoplex for lunch each day, 3 hours later, 2 protein bars and a handful of cashews… I certainly can’t eat that way anymore, starting to show my age -lol

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
White bread, is just air and junk calories. AT least whole wheat is complex carbs, some fiber, if you’re lucky you get a few grams of protein as well. THe peanut butter is filled with healthy fats (good calories!), low sugar, and some fiber and protein (although not enough to consider it a protein source by itself).

I remember one of my earlier bulk ups where I was using Myoplex shakes as beverages with 2 or 3 of my regular meals. You should have seen the looks I was getting, 2 tuna sandwiches on whole wheat, a banana, and a myoplex for lunch each day, 3 hours later, 2 protein bars and a handful of cashews… I certainly can’t eat that way anymore, starting to show my age -lol

S
[/quote]

lol my dad says the same thing about his age. Yea I have been considering this diet!

[quote]Droogan Leader wrote:
I’m 6’ ~180 lbs. and workout on a upper/lower split 4 days a week. I lift in the mornings (around 11ish) and run sprints for 30 mins. later in the day (around 4). This is what I have planned out.

Breakfast
Omega-3 eggs (1 yolk, 5 whites)
1 cup oats
1 scoop whey

Morning Snack
2 tbsp peanut butter
1/4 cup cottage cheese

Pre-WO
Apple
1 scoop whey

Post-WO
16oz 1% milk
1 cup oats
2 scoops whey
2 strawberries
1/4 blueberries
All blended together

Lunch
5 Chicken Tenders
6 oz Brocolli
1 Cup Salad

Dinner
1 lb. top sirloin or 3/4 lb. salmon or 1/2 chicken tenders
6 oz Brocolli
2 Cups Salad

Pre-bed
Almonds
1 tbsp peanut butter

This worked itself out to:

Protein: 340g
Carbs: 200g
Fats: 75g
S. Fats: 19g
Cals: 3068

Let me know what you guys think…[/quote]

eat the whole egg imho

Well If you are having trouble eating all of the food that is in a meal, or it is causing discomfort, then yes turn it into two meals and spread it out. you can do this as long as you aren’t cutting any other meal out of the diet. that would be against your purpose. lol

Droogan’s diet is a pretty good one. Work_for_it and myself posted opinions on it under that thread. I thought it needed some more carbs and change a few minor things up…go check out that thread and see what you think with the changes we recommended.

-Gerdy

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
Well If you are having trouble eating all of the food that is in a meal, or it is causing discomfort, then yes turn it into two meals and spread it out. you can do this as long as you aren’t cutting any other meal out of the diet. that would be against your purpose. lol

Droogan’s diet is a pretty good one. Work_for_it and myself posted opinions on it under that thread. I thought it needed some more carbs and change a few minor things up…go check out that thread and see what you think with the changes we recommended.

-Gerdy[/quote]

I have done so and agree with your recommendations. Thanks for all the help and time spent. :wink:

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
Well If you are having trouble eating all of the food that is in a meal, or it is causing discomfort, then yes turn it into two meals and spread it out. you can do this as long as you aren’t cutting any other meal out of the diet. that would be against your purpose. lol

Droogan’s diet is a pretty good one. Work_for_it and myself posted opinions on it under that thread. I thought it needed some more carbs and change a few minor things up…go check out that thread and see what you think with the changes we recommended.

-Gerdy[/quote]

I have logged the food for this diet.

No problem Risindead looks like your on track, hope it works well for you!

-Gerdey