Small Victories

[quote]TriGWU wrote:
Small victories?

1. I successfully shaved my legs for race day in under an hour and a half

2. I did so without any profuse bleeding

[/quote]

i’d be happy to help you with that next time…

[quote]nephorm wrote:
My small victory: ~Karma~ giving me some of that 13K 'cause I’m so purdy.

:smiley: eh? eh?[/quote]

Prove it, baby! Convince me you’re a TILF. Sh-sh-shake it like a salt shaker!

Did a three mile run in pouring rain this morning in a signficantly less amount of time than the max time allowed for my test. :slight_smile:

[quote]Renn wrote:
TriGWU wrote:
Small victories?

1. I successfully shaved my legs for race day in under an hour and a half

2. I did so without any profuse bleeding

i’d be happy to help you with that next time…[/quote]

:wink:

My small victory: after recently losing my casual bed-buddy’s amourous affections to her increasingly-serious relationship, I ran into this really hot chick who used to drive the bus [1] that took me to work every Sunday morning. I was all dressed up for job interviews and whatnot, so I was looking good, and she smiled very brightly when she saw me. We were both in a hurry, but she made a point of letting me know where I could find her in the coming weeks.

-Glee

[1] Yes, a hot bus driver. What is this world coming to?

Tilf?

[quote]WideGuy wrote:
Tilf?[/quote]

You can refer to the TILF thread.

I think it was “T-Men I’d like to…”

• TF

I’m a lurker of a long time but I figured this would be a good one to post. My small victory would be after 10 years of trying I’m just waiting on my letter to let me know I FINALLY have my career!

Then it will be a big victory.

[quote]tfrench wrote:
WideGuy wrote:
Tilf?

You can refer to the TILF thread.

I think it was “T-Men I’d like to…”

• TF[/quote]

I thought the “T” stood for “teacher.” I’m not sure which is better…

[quote]~karma~ wrote:
Ah shit, hon. Is the foot going to affect your bike trip? [/quote]

Nah…it does’nt even really hurt much unless I run on it or do anything with any impact.

[quote]Magnus157 wrote:
~karma~ wrote:
Ah shit, hon. Is the foot going to affect your bike trip?

Nah…it does’nt even really hurt much unless I run on it or do anything with any impact.
[/quote]

GOODIE!!

Yesterday I went to the gym for my back day. No one was really in there which I like. I walk over to the lone power cage in the corner and start warming up for some deads.

After I get warmed up I go to get some water. On my back from the fountain I walk by one of the trainers with a female client. He’s showing her how to do deads with DB. He then goes on to tell her he never sees people doing this exercise because it is so demanding. He also adds that this exercise is how he built his stellar body. All 160 lbs of it. The thing is he told her he never uses DBs bigger than 90’s, but that is amazing because he’s using DB’s.

I just walk past and go to my corner. After my first set they come around behind me to do ab work. The woman looks over at me and says “Ohh, is that boy doing deadlifts?” The trainer looks at me and says yes, then looks at the wieght I was using and told her I was a powerlifter and maxing out. By the way I was doing 3 sets of 6. I ignore this and proceed to do my next 2 sets. I got all 6 reps for both sets! First time ever I repped with 315 for all 3 sets and it felt great! I then unloaded the wieght and walked away. It was so awesome.

To top things off I finally cracked 200 lbs at my 2 week wiegh in. After 6 months I finally tipped the scale at 203.

Those are my small vitories.

[quote]~karma~ wrote:
At the end of our “date” I found out I get around 13k back. Yay! [/quote]

You are getting 13k back personally? Holy crap! What do you do for a living?

small victory… the weekend.

Small Victory= not losing my temper and mind when a patient warned me that she didn’t want to do her ACL rehab too hard, she likes looking"toned" but not bulky. Yikes!!!

[quote]chaskb wrote:
Small Victory= not losing my temper and mind when a patient warned me that she didn’t want to do her ACL rehab too hard, she likes looking"toned" but not bulky. Yikes!!![/quote]

If you do too much, can you hurt the ACL during rehab. My gf had rehab and even after 6 months after the surgery, her surgeon told her NOT to do squats. She went to the surgeon in the first place because she WAS doing bodyweight squats and she would wake up in extreme pain. Rehab does take time and I’m sure you know that because you are a PT.

[quote]HouseOfAtlas wrote:
~karma~ wrote:
At the end of our “date” I found out I get around 13k back. Yay!

You are getting 13k back personally? Holy crap! What do you do for a living?
[/quote]

:wink: Last couple years I’ve done freelance DBA work coupled with Client Relations/Sales. Yep, I’m a computer geek that can sell ice to eskimos…

Fixing my portable air conditioner… so I can sleep in comfort again!

<Yesterday also, I got the joy of spending an hour or so with my favorite man of late…my tax preparer. At the end of our “date” I found out I get around 13k back. Yay!>

It may be that the 13K is from some unusual event or situation - but failing that, and esp if this happens regularly, the below applies:

Fire your accountant. This is a loss, not a victory. A refund means you have loaned the US gov money interest free - In your case, over 1000.00 per month. It is vastly more advantageous to underpay, forecast your tax due at the higher end, and then pay the gov what you owe them. This way, not only do you earn interest on you savings, but they are there if you have an emergency.

Last Thursday I really felt tight in the hamstrings, and was concerned about it being the day for Bulgarian Split Squats.

Not only did I manage on one set to exceed the number of reps with what was my highest weight two weeks before, but then I added 10 pounds and did reps with a higher weight than I’d ever done before.

A few reps; 10 pounds; not a lot, but more than before. I’ll take it.