T Nation

Small Lump Upper Groin (Lymph Node or Hernia)

I have to large symmetrical inguinal lymphnodes on each side that I have had checked out numerous times over the years and docs have chalked it up to normal for me. About a week ago I was foam rolling on my stomach and my girlfriend literally screamed because I had a giant bruise all down my hamstring and blood pooling towards the back of my knee…I chalked it up to me hitting something at the gym, but as the days went on it didn’t make any sense…

I googled torn hamstring and it looks identical to that, same areas everything. I am lifting very heavy in relation to my 1rm lately and have been deadlifting, squatting, front squatting frequently…come a couple days after the bruise on the same leg I notice a small lump that on my upper inner thigh towards my groin that seems to reposition itself depending on my position. However, I am lean enough to see this when standing in the mirror and actually wrap my fingers around it to be fairly certain it isnt a hernia…it is definitely assymetrical but I can find it on the other side and it has similar texture but seems to change size depending on the day which leads me to believe it is something benign like an infection…

I am ruling out hernia to myself but what could be potential causes for the fluctuating size of the lymphnode? Possibly related to injury on that leg? Ruptured and caused pooling of blood in the hamstring? I feel completely fine…deadlifted yesterday actually…sleep is good… weight is fine…mood great…appetite great…etc…I did knick a vein in the glute last week on my trt injection and wondered if that could have also caused pooling down the leg because I take asprin and maybe it didnt clot…idk tried to give as much info as I could to get the best idea…doc appt is tuesday. gonna have him recommend me all necessary bloodwork but would like to get input in mean time