Small Dose of Clomid Instead of Small Dose HCG

I spent the first 6 months of TRT effing around with HCG. microdosing was good but not great, but I did have some bloat yet hardly noticeable. Ive done 3 months off and 3 months on. I feel better without it, and I burn fat faster too. I raise my T dose when I come off HCG to offset the loss. Its affordable, and I dont use too much. Ive settled on 800iu a week, when Im on. This way I dont over stimulate if the theory is true and I dont let them go dormant for too long either. I feel better when Im off HCG, now that I have a bit of experience with it. So I might decide to go longer without and experiment again.

Your HCG experience Sounds familiar. I may try this also. Appreciate the insights.

1 Like

You find you may change your preference after they’ve been completely offline for years. Hope you don’t though.

I have a friend in Florida that his Doc prescribes HCG 500iu eod (1500iu total)only one week out of the month. Claims he has no atrophy issues at all on this regimen and it keeps his HCG sides at bay. I am a little skeptical that one week on HCG and 3 weeks off monthly would offer any real long term benefit.

Where are you guys still getting HCG?

From a pharmacy. It’s still available although there seems to be a shortage in some places.

Empower for me, still selling it as far as I know.

I doubt Ill be offline forever. Its why I cycle it. And even then balls are no longer working as they should so no worries there.

This is not always the case. It’s created by the adrenals as well. For me, my DHEA & preg are in normal range even on test for years without HCG

1 Like

I was told that the feds banned its use for TRT and my doc can no longer get it for me.

Brace yourself…you were lied to. Your doctor can write a prescription for HCG and you can pick it up at any pharmacy you choose. What your doctor can’t do is have his/her preferred compound pharmacy make HCG for you, thus bypassing the highly lucrative deals that clinics have with specialty pharmacies. My GP writes a script and I pick it up at CVS. My old clinic gave me the same bullshit line about it being banned and of course they assumed I wouldn’t bother to investigate their claims.

1 Like

100% truth. It should be illegal for docs to blatantly lie like that. Maybe it is? No clue. But HCG is absolutely still available and completely legal. Just not from many compounding pharmacies.

Pygeum bark. Interesting. Anyone else try this?

I’m always leery to try a supplement because they always affect some other thing.

I can only speak for myself as an n=1. It does nothing for testicular size, but it without question increases ejaculatory volume after about 1 week. There’s little research about this bark:

Here’s what concerns me

In a mouse uterine cytosol (competitive ligand binding assay), Pygeum extract has been noted to displace 70% of estradiol from its receptor when Pygeum is at 5uL/mL concentration; this was not due to the beta-sitosterol content (which was inactive).[

And

Compounds in Pygeum appear to be androgen receptor antagonist s, which reduce signalling via the androgen receptor, and appears to be seemingly potent at this in vitro

And
It is possible that Pygeum has a phytoestrogenic potential that interferes with estrogen signalling (which would establish it as a selective estrogen receptor modulator or SERM) but this is not fully elucidated or established in a living model

I still may try short term. I love to shoot a nice massive load.
Did it help shoot it further to?
Also @Hostile do you use it in a regular basis?

Interesting and good info. I’ve only used it in bursts. A month on and then months off etc. Further and larger.

1 Like

That’s surprising. I’ll have to check back into this. I didn’t think he had any incentive to lie, because he used to sell it to me for cost, way cheaper than it cost at a pharmacy. In fact he used to get it from Empower.

There’s also the possibility that he doesn’t know any better and just told you what someone else told him. I forgot that I should never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.