T Nation

Small Cut on Weigh-in Day?

Alright, I know this is blasphemy and I may be going off my rocker here, as this goes against everything I’ve pretty much ever said in the past, but I admit it. I have decided to cut weight for a meet!!!

insert shocked faces here

I know I have always said its dumb to try to get skinnier before you want to go out and be strong. And I really have no idea why I’ve even decided to do it other than I’m so close to the cutoff the weigh-in judges may think I’m a retard if I’m one pound over and haven’t even bothered to cut.

Woke up this morning at 277.2 after going to the bathroom. This is after eating relatively shittily for the past couple days with a lot of carbs so I’m sure I can find 1.8 pounds to take off somewhere. I already tried removing a finger but my blade was too dull.

So what is the best way to do this? The weigh-in is from 6-7 pm tonight and its currently 9 am. There is a hottub at the hotel I thought about utilizing to sweat off a few pounds.

Should I spit all day long? Wear garbage bags with the heater on for the way down? Will just not eating any carbs all day help? Should I drink water or avoid it?

Any tips are greatly appreciated!

If you go all day without eating or drinking you should be fine. Check your weight 2 hours before just to be sure.

I think Im just going to eat a small amount of meat (4 oz or so) every 3 hours to keep me from being miserable and cut out fluids a few hours prior. A bunch of my friends that take this shit seriously agreed this would be adequate and I can always sweat it out for an hour or so before if Im close.

You could shave your beard, that would give you 0.2 of a lb or so…

MWAHAH

[quote]Spock81 wrote:

MWAHAH[/quote]

I’d rather lose the finger!

I can say from high school wrestling experience that both spitting and the trash bag thing work well if you’re down to the wire. I would definitely avoid such things unless it’s an absolute emergency because they are both fucking gross lol.

Sounds like you’ve got a good plan though, good luck man

Edit: How much water have you been drinking daily btw?

[quote]Spock81 wrote:

MWAHAH[/quote]

At my last meet, I was over by exactly 0,2lb. It can happen.

I lost 6 lbs in a day just by eating 2lbs of chicken breast (pre grill weight) and a few cups of water to make 198.

Just don’t eat any foods with sodium or carbs and monitor fluid intake throughout the day. You’ll be fine.

I have to cut weight occasionally (not for powerlifting) and I find the easiest way to do it is the the sauna. Go to the gym and chill in there about 45 minutes and lose 4-6 pounds. (I’m 230 bw). If your in there for too long just hop over to the showers and run some cold water on yourself for a couple minutes.

I didn’t do anything drastic. Just ate a chicken breast and half a cup of water at noon and chewed some gum.to hold me over. No fluids or any other food all day and I came in at 272.1 so had some room for slop. Easy