T Nation

Small Arms...Help!

Hi im, 149 pounds and 689 high maybe i havent read as much as i need but im writing to U witch big question here is my photo and i know am not big or strong or sth but I need to make much bigger my arms could U write 4me some exercises??I make hammer curls with25lb 20 reps 37lb 15 reps 44lb 10reps 55lb 6reps and french press in sitting (2 hands)25lb 20reps 37lb 14reps 48lb 14 reps 59lb 10 70lb 4-6reps sorry for my english but thats not my national language

squats and milk

use more weight, and use the search button… pullups and rows

Your 149 lbs and pretty damn low BF your arms are on par with the rest of you. add some muscle and weight everywhere and they will grow

Phill

To add to what the others have said…

EAT EAT EAT… do not fear a good forking

What added more size to my arms than anything else was narrow grip and reverse grip bench press. My tris gained a lot of mass.

more weight less reps?? ill try thx :wink:

you need weight all over, good rule of thumb is 10 lbs weight equals 1 inch of arm size

Hey brother you got a big gap between your bicep and your elbow. I got the same thing.

I have been told it is a bad muscle/tendon insertion point, but i am not a doctor. I have a really hard time getting my arms bigger though. Chins and rows seem to help.

Anybody else know about the insertion thing?

[quote]jakshafter wrote:
Hey brother you got a big gap between your bicep and your elbow. I got the same thing.

I have been told it is a bad muscle/tendon insertion point, but i am not a doctor. I have a really hard time getting my arms bigger though. Chins and rows seem to help.

Anybody else know about the insertion thing? [/quote]

yes the insertion you measure it by palcing finegrs between elbow and beginning of bicep average is two fingers short is one or less and genetically disposed to Big fuckin arms, three your bound to have smaller arms But a hell of a peak. Still it in the end shouldnt limit your gains that damn much work hard get big tris and nail the Bi’s.

I can get three between mine by the way. Oh and the insertion longer one can have advantages as well in leverage/strenght

theres an article somewhere on here on this topic might Be in MR and EC’s over coming lousy leverages a

Phill

[quote]jakshafter wrote:

Anybody else know about the insertion thing? [/quote]

Wow.

Of all of the things to blame lack of progress on, this is a new one. If this same kid were to gain 50lbs of muscle you would never even pay much attention to a “gap” between biceps and the crook of his arm. Whoever told you this was “bad” is someone you need to stay away from.

Since when are tendons a bad thing? Guess what? We all have them. Some are longer than others. That doesn’t make them “bad”. If anything, those with no “gap” at all (like Kevin Levrone) would have a more difficult time building biceps that had much of a “peak” when flexed.

[quote]Phill wrote:
jakshafter wrote:

yes the insertion you measure it by palcing finegrs between elbow and beginning of bicep average is two fingers short is one or less and genetically disposed to Big fuckin arms, three your bound to have smaller arms But a hell of a peak. Still it in the end shouldnt limit your gains that damn much work hard get big tris and nail the Bi’s.

I can get three between mine by the way. Oh and the insertion longer one can have advantages as well in leverage/strenght

theres an article somewhere on here on this topic might Be in MR and EC’s over coming lousy leverages a

Phill
[/quote]

Albert Beckles.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Albert Beckles.[/quote]

YES… fantastic peaked bis…

[quote]Professor X wrote:
jakshafter wrote:

Wow.

Of all of the things to blame lack of progress on, this is a new one. If this same kid were to gain 50lbs of muscle you would never even pay much attention to a “gap” between biceps and the crook of his arm. Whoever told you this was “bad” is someone you need to stay away from.

Since when are tendons a bad thing? Guess what? We all have them. Some are longer than others. That doesn’t make them “bad”. If anything, those with no “gap” at all (like Kevin Levrone) would have a more difficult time building biceps that had much of a “peak” when flexed.[/quote]

Why so snappy Professor? Charles Poliquin said this.

"2) Length of muscle belly
The lower a muscle inserts (the closer to the elbow joint), the greater its potential for hypertrophy. Just look at Larry Scott’s biceps compared to Franco Columbo’s biceps. Larry’s have a very low insertion point, which gave him great potential for arm growth. Columbo’s insertion was relatively high, but his lats inserted very low ? and that, of course, was his most famous bodypart.

1. Hormonal make-up
    This is obviously the easiest one to circumvent, and that’s why steroids are so popular with the genetically challenged.

Regardless of your particular genetic limitation (if you have any), don’t simply resign yourself to fate and accept that you’ll never have big arms. Anyone, with the proper knowledge in hand, can expect to gain a significant amount of overall muscle ? and that, of course, will translate into arm mass.
"

I never said i didn’t make progress i just said it was slower for me than i feel it is for most and that it seems with my arms that chins and rows work better than curls and the like. I am not trying to discourage the guy i just think he is in the boat with me.

[quote]Arielos17 wrote:
more weight less reps?? ill try thx ;)[/quote]

No, more weight, more reps.

[quote]Phill wrote:
jakshafter wrote:

Phill
[/quote]

Not that this matters, but just strictly out of curiosity…you flex your bicep, and see how many fingers you can fit in the space between your bicep and your elbow? If so, I can only fit one. If I try two, my second finger rides up my bicep. Am I doing it correctly?

could U write any sample plan?? thank U all for woices:)

[quote]jakshafter wrote:
Professor X wrote:
jakshafter wrote:

Wow.

Since when are tendons a bad thing? Guess what? We all have them. Some are longer than others. That doesn’t make them “bad”. If anything, those with no “gap” at all (like Kevin Levrone) would have a more difficult time building biceps that had much of a “peak” when flexed.

Why so snappy Professor? Charles Poliquin said this.

"2) Length of muscle belly
The lower a muscle inserts (the closer to the elbow joint), the greater its potential for hypertrophy. Just look at Larry Scott’s biceps compared to Franco Columbo’s biceps. Larry’s have a very low insertion point, which gave him great potential for arm growth. Columbo’s insertion was relatively high, but his lats inserted very low ? and that, of course, was his most famous bodypart.

1. Hormonal make-up
    This is obviously the easiest one to circumvent, and that’s why steroids are so popular with the genetically challenged.

Regardless of your particular genetic limitation (if you have any), don’t simply resign yourself to fate and accept that you’ll never have big arms. Anyone, with the proper knowledge in hand, can expect to gain a significant amount of overall muscle ? and that, of course, will translate into arm mass.
"

I never said i didn’t make progress i just said it was slower for me than i feel it is for most and that it seems with my arms that chins and rows work better than curls and the like. I am not trying to discourage the guy i just think he is in the boat with me.
[/quote]

I am at a loss as far as why you posted that quote. The size that Columbo and Scott achieved has nothing at all to do with you. Not to mention that Poliquin even wrote in that last paragraph to avoid labeling yourself as being “destined” to have a certain amount of development…WHICH IS EXACTLY THE POINT I WAS MAKING.

You are the type of person who looks for excuses as to why you aren’t growing, even when the places you look are telling you to stop looking for excuses. I gave you an example of one of the more well known bodybuilders and how some might even say, though his triceps and delts are legendary, that his lower biceps insertion made it more difficult to build equally impressive biceps.

Again, what was that quote for?

You may or may not be a beginner, but why would someone avoid BOTH isolation and compound movements? How could someone even make a statement that rows and chin ups work better for biceps growth than curls? Why would anyone…avoid doing all of that? I am now very interested in what your arms measure currently and how developed they actually are.

Chins, rows, bench, military, squat, deadlift, curls and pushdown will get 'em arms big in a couple years.

Forum board debate. Last poster wins right? Lighten up X we all friends here.

My opologies to the OP on the hijacked thread. You have nice shoulders by the way.

Try doing 60 pullups, however many sets it takes. I got good lat and arm development from that.

I’m a boxer so it is hard for me to gain weight because of all the energy i lose on training. My genetic is bad, i try all nutrition tips that exist or not (is grenn vegetables and mussels really helps to gain test???).

I am train my muscle for mass since 2 years and all i want is to gain 5-8 pounds of REAL pure muscle (i need to be the most light as possible) in specific places: fore arms (power), all troat region (hold the head to resist hits) and my belly to not lose my breath.

i have one year before a silver tournament and i won’t get my pitbull body like y want. My age is 19, so 21 products makes me thinking about the risks. i know that most steroids are bullshit because many of them as false ingredients written and i don’t trust the people who want to sell me things.

i am asking the name of a legal product on sale on the web that contain minimal side effects for a 135 lbs newbie.