Sly Is Still A Tank

It’s a stellar physique to aim for to be sure. I’m sure you will get there.

I’m not too sure lol.

Those fake weights are the same AlthleanX got caught using in his videos.

1 Like

Do you listen to Eye of the Tiger when you train? That alone results in a 15% gain in lean muscle mass. Rumor is he played it on repeat from 1981 until 1983. (Then he went New Wave and got on a Duran Duran kick).

1 Like

I used to listen to it while running steps and doing push-ups getting conditioned during wrestling season in like, 4th & 5th grade.

2 Likes

Have listened to it working out. I used to watch a portion of either fight club or 300 before working out. Now I listen to NPR on my way to the gym. Must be getting old.

1 Like

Wait until you start playing Leonard Cohen when you squat and having raw honey as your pre-workout. Then you’re old (and/or just give sh*t about impressing anyone).

1 Like

I would listen to the song “You Want It Darker” by him. Kinda bad ass IMO.

1 Like

Check out “Westside Versus the World” 2019 documentary before you lift. That one will get you motivated as well. I just got the movie a couple of months ago. It’s pure gold!

1 Like

I’ve seen that one. Those guys were crazy (both with training, and in a mental way). I haven’t watched it PWO, but I have watched Pumping Iron PWO.

Yeah I think they are a little out there from a mental perspective. However, I love the dingy, garage-gym atmosphere shown in the video. The rusted weights, the old power racks, and just eh general “blood and guts” style being used in their training is great. The equipment being used is something that most people could obtain. I just like the feel of the movie.

1 Like

My gym is in a warehouse. It is hot in the summer (very hot). We have lots of old iron weight (some of it in the form of 100 lb plates). Lots of strongman stuff. I prefer it over a commercial gym.

1 Like

Thats awesome dude! I’ll bet it keeps “the right type of clients” in the gym by virtue of it being very hot and uncomfortable. I would love to train in a place like that with like-minded people. I don’t have that however so I decided to make my own in my garage. It’s my own little sanctuary.

This gym was actually a bit hard to find. I actually found it on YouTube. Saw a video of a guy squatting about 800 lbs out of a mono, and it said the location was in the suburb next to me. Decided to check it out. Turns out one of the owners was an old family friend. Even with knowing the owner, I didn’t know about this gym.

A bit of googling for “powerlifting”, “strongman” with gym after, and I would have found it. If just googling gym and area, I think I would be a few pages into google before finding it.

1 Like

Right on. Well I’m glad you found a proper gym to train at.

1 Like

Hands down agreed

I went ahead and tried this.

Standing up with the weights is easy peasy. holding them that far out from the body, and that high at the end is incredibly difficult. I couldn’t do it. I had to keep my elbows at about 90 degrees to be able to hold the weights away from my body. When he rotates his shoulders back at the end and extends his arms… nope. not happening.

I was genuinely just curious if this would be difficult/impossible with real plates. Obviously these are fake, it doesn’t take much googling to figure that out. Nobody sells real plates that say barbell on each side like that. The only plates in existence that match these are fake ones.

But, still a fun thing to try.

2 Likes

I could do it… with 25s.

Gym doesn’t use 35s, so couldn’t try that out.

If you didn’t make the faces and noises that he did, then I wouldn’t be surprised if you didn’t complete the lift.

2 Likes

Congratulations to the gentlemen that tried the exercise. Has anyone came up with any good names for this exercise yet?