Sly Is Still A Tank

The original Rambo is actually quite good. And if you’re making fun of a strong man crying, you better not visit the “strong men crying” sub forum on this site.

1 Like

Not sure if this is a reference to PWI or the Powerlifting forum

2 Likes

He’s acting. Crying for acting doesn’t count - everyone knows that Sly is not pathetic enough to really cry like that.

2 Likes

WHAT!?! :pleading_face:

I guess thats what I get for not watching sequels.

Just wait until you learn who Luke’s father is! Hint: it’s not Chewbacca.

2 Likes

Its Princess Leah, isn’t it?

1 Like

Way off. (Hint: It starts with a Yo and ends with a Duh)

:flushed:

No way! Little green guy, talks funny, like Kermits grand dad?

Well, he was a Jedi master. Probably has serious pull with the chicks in that universe.

Ha ha. Yeah those rest-pause sets took too much energy out of his creative juices.

1 Like

anybody try this yet?

simon miller says the plates are fake

I’d like to think I can. I can grab 45 bumpers off the rack and load them single handedly, surely I could do even better with a smaller plate with a lip??

Idk though. This could be one of those things that looks silly and easy but is stupid hard lol

I remember seeing Rambo: First Blood (the first Rambo movie) and thinking Stallone had an awesome muscular physique. I think now I wouldn’t trade physiques. He is a little leaner than I am, but I am IMO considerably bigger. Now Rambo First Blood part 2, or 3 physique might be worth a trade.

Is he training for another expendables film? I love those campy films.

2 Likes

I remember seeing Rambo 3 and being blown away by how big and ripped he was. It seemed unbelievable.

I also remember seeing the Red Hot Chili Peppers when I was a tween and thinking they were huge lol

The plates are definitely fake. Look how quickly the plates ‘shake’ rotating in his hand. Hold a 45 and see if you can twist them back and forth that quickly.

He is still a tank regardless, he’s also an actor and this is acting.

4 Likes

@mnben87

Fun fact but for “First Blood”, Sly actually was fresh off of filming “Rocky III” and was down in weight. He was spending a bunch of time editing the “Rocky III” film while also filming this if I remember correctly so he wasn’t quite in the shape he would of liked.

I just know your a Rocky fan so I thought I’d share that bit of nerd knowledge with you.

2 Likes

He was diced in Rocky III. A bit less so in First Blood. Still admirable physiques in both.

I don’t know what role he was training for here, but IMO has to be close to top physique for him.

Kinda what I am trying to go for ATM.

2 Likes

I look a lot like that, but my camera is messed up and makes me look like a bloated roadkilled groundhog.

Stupid smart phones.

7 Likes

I may show my inner nerd a bit too much but that was for “Rambo III”. Like I said earlier, I think “Rambo III” showed him at his best physique.

1 Like

Yeah I would be happy with either physique especially as I get older.