Slumped and Frustrated

Subbing cinnamon toast crunch for eggs isn’t a bodybuilding diet IMO. The one I’ve followed for two months when I was cutting was. Egg whites, brown rice, chicken, sweet potatoes and pretty much nothing else.

But it’s not what we are advising here. Not me anyway. We’re mostly talking, like someone mentioned, about the fact that op needs to eat like an adult and not like he’s in high school. Heck, I’m still in high school myself.
Making small changes goes a long way in improving one’s eating habits without the feeling of deprivation or feeling like they are making a big change at once.

And the op isn’t just talking about getting stronger. He never mentioned powerlifting. I agree with you that McDonald’s does get you stronger, but body composition is what the op sounds like he’s after. Are McDonald’s good for that too?

you’ve clearly forgotten how I eat.

4 Likes

I am the one that suggested subbing cereal for eggs, and a protein shake for the candy, along with an increase of total calories. An example of a small change with potential to get real results.

OP has stated that he is 150 lb at a low body fat. He needs to eat more, and clean up his diet, but with were he is at, I would start him with more moderate changes (like I suggested).

McDonald’s is not a good choice for BB’rs. Although, I’ll say if I was 5’10" and 150 lbs I would probably not be all that concerned with gaining a bit of fat along with the muscle.

Almost everybody’s advice here is better than mine (if OP sticks to it). I just could not see OP going from OP’s diet to some of the aforementioned diets all at once.

No. That’s what Wendy’s chicken sandwiches are for.

1 Like

Thank you. He’s a pain in my ass but I love him.

I will have to check him out too, thanks!

I don’t blame you for not posting all the info. That is cool that you had someone make a custom diet tailored to you. Thanks for sharing. I’ll see what I can do about following that one.

What’s with the rice cakes though?

I’ve started doing that in the last couple days. I plan to keep adding food as time goes on.

1 Like

I’m not sure I understand your question

Honestly I’ve always believed that as long as I’m getting enough calories in every day that I would grow. But that obviously hasn’t worked for me. I’d also like to see if eating healthier will improve my energy and mood. I’m pretty sure that it will.

I can see both sides of the argument here about starting small and changing completely. I’m thinking I’m going to gradually increase calories and cut out junk at the same time. Until my diet pretty much matches those posted above.

Eat 200g of protein and whatever else you want, repeat for 8-12 weeks, see where you’re at.

2 Likes

That brings up another question. If I start putting olive oil in my diet is it best to start with small amounts and work my way up? Kind of like coconut oil?

Was thinking it would probably give me stomach issues if I consume too much right away.

You said you would have rice cakes with peanut butter as a snack. I figure rice cakes themselves have barely any calories in them. So I was wondering what other reason you have them in your diet for?

Of course I’d like to get stronger as well. It definitely sounds like I need to haha. But you’re right, body composition is most important to me right now. And I understand that the two go hand in hand.

I’m curious what your diet is now?

@flipcollar is an anomaly plus he throws around a ton of weight. He’s the exception not the rule.

1 Like

Well they don’t have a whole lot of calories but I already have enough carbs throughout the day.

Two rice cakes with peanut butter, some egg whites and a scoop of whey make for an excellent pre bed snack (not a meal mind you, because it’s not a whole lot of calories). Plus, I alternate with a jelly sandwich day to day.

I got ya.

1 Like

Maybe, but your diet had very little protein. You could stuff yourself full of carbs and fat but you won’t build anything if you don’t have protein.

You probably could gain muscle and get strong if you ate your body-weight in protein and then ate cinnamon toast crunch to fill up the rest of your calorie needs.

But this whole “a calorie is a calorie” is a gross over-simplification.

It has worked because you’ve gained 20 pounds of bodyweight. But it hasn’t worked efficiently because it’s taken you so many years to do it. The lack of ample quality protein and lack of proper training stimulus were the biggest issues.

2 Likes