Slowing Losses

I am moving into a period of my life where time is going to be very restricted for a while. I was wondering what the consensus is time constrained training, that is, to put it bluntly, what is the bare minimum a person needs to do to maintain their strength and size? Is two short full body sessions a week enough, or is more required?

I have had to do this in the past,you can maintain size and strength for a while,as long as you do work hard when you train.I did seem to temporarily lose that hard' look when I had to abbreviate my training though.See if you can squeeze in a third session somewhere. Also the hi-intensity cardio that was discussed recently in this forum,also featured in the article guerilla cardio 2’ in Muscle Media’ may well be of benefit to you.You get a killer workout in less than 15 minutes.I know your question is re size and strength,but I assume you don’t want to let your fitness slide either.

That’s enough, unless at a very advanced
level of development (and even then may be
enough for a while.)

I have found in the past that even one full body workout a week will allow me to maintain muscle indefinitely. If you can workout twice a week, it might be better to do upper body one day and lower body the second day in order to increase intensity. That should guarantee muscle retention.