T Nation

Slowing Down Hair Loss

I’m in my early thirties and my hair has been thinning over the last few years with my hair line going higher and higher. I think I’m genetically predisposed to hair loss as my father is totally bold, so is my grandfather. I don’t take any steroids, just use some natural testosterone boosters every now and again - TRIBEX/Alpha Male. Is there anything I can do / take any supplements to slow down my hair loss or even better get it to grow back?

Somebody from my gym said it has something to do with DHT and I could maybe take a DHT blocker call Clomidex but this is usually something people take after a steroid cycle. As I don’t take steroids would this be too strong for me?
Thanks in advance for any replies.

Jay

Finasteride is the only non surgical treatment that works long term.

Embrace it! Cut your hair super short or shave it off and become hotness!

A bunch of bald guys (and maybe a chick or two who like bald guys) are about to tell you to shave it just because they didn’t do anything about it in time.

Finasteride and minoxidil are the only things that will work. Both together very well could regrow some hair. If you don’t start now it will only get worse.

Edit: see…one beat me to it.

You’re fucked. Don’t let these people give you false hope. You can do one of three things:

1. Let it grow normal so everyone can watch it recede, confirming your baldness is proceeding at a vicious pace

2. Shave it off. Shaving your head in your early 30’s is basically saying “I will let you know I’m bald before you even have a chance to question it”. A more pro-active approach, if you will.

3. Wear a hat everywhere like Tim McGraw or Ron Howard. Never EVER be seen without it. Wear it in the shower, while sleeping, diving in a pool, under your helmet on a motorcycle, during weddings, etc.

Don’t even think about buying all this snake oil mentioned above. Then, you’ll just be poor and bald. And that shit only works in favor of Homer Simpson.

Have you tried heavy squats?

And milk!!

[quote]Muskulls wrote:
Finasteride is the only non surgical treatment that works long term.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18573712[/quote]

It also fucks with your horomones and can give you bitch tits. I don’t know much about test and what not, but this drug does not seem conducive to gaining muscle. And if I ever developed bitch tits I would probably choke on a shotgun barrel.

I’ll take the hair loss I think…

lol old people

flips hair from face

hair folicle cloning is just around the corner…

just wear a hair plug dammit!! seriously … whats wrong with hairplugs?? lol most people are clueless about anything anyways.

Gynecomastia (bitch tits) is an exceedingly rare complication of finasteride therapy.

Depression and impotence are more common, but the most rational thing to do is try the drug and quit if you get limp, IMHO. Also, finasteride may be depressing but balding is SUPER depressing.

[quote]Muskulls wrote:
Gynecomastia (bitch tits) is an exceedingly rare complication of finasteride therapy.

Depression and impotence are more common, but the most rational thing to do is try the drug and quit if you get limp, IMHO. Also, finasteride may be depressing but balding is SUPER depressing. [/quote]

Yea well you don’t get that from protein shakes and multivitamins.

And depression and impotence… even more fun.

More reasons why these drugs are so great for America…

Yea, well you don’t get blow jobs or promotions from being bald.

Quit being a negative nancy man. 95% of people who take this drug have no issues. The other 5% quit and then have no issues. The 21st century is awesome.

[quote]Muskulls wrote:

[/quote]

Lol. What are you like 16?

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

[quote]Muskulls wrote:

[/quote]

Lol. What are you like 16?[/quote]

it sounds like it.

People come online to cry about the side effects from finasteride which gives people the false impression that it’s some terrible drug with awful side effects. I’ve been on it for 6 months with zero side effects whatsoever.

Shave it. I’m 32 and can grow a full head of hair but prefer the baldness.

I’m going to be shaving my head some point this month for the exact same problem. You should join me.

[quote]Muskulls wrote:

[/quote]

Really? No bald dudes EVER got a blow job or a promotion?

Statistically speaking? So, would this be a normal distribution, where n = every bald man in existence ever? ; )

[quote]maxxbot wrote:
People come online to cry about the side effects from finasteride which gives people the false impression that it’s some terrible drug with awful side effects. I’ve been on it for 6 months with zero side effects whatsoever. [/quote]

Forgive me, but I don’t think you can speak for anyone else but yourself. Because it’s safe for you does not mean it’s safe for everyone.

As I recall there was a thread a while back where several mentioned impotence, and where one dude said that his brother took it and while it grew back hair, he also grew tits.

that’s great. Now you’ve got to choose between your hair and your tits. Just don’t sound fun to me.