Slow Tempo for Ligament/Tendon Development

Im coming off bad bicep tendonitis in both shoulders, done with physical therapy and was wondering what type of program I should follow to get me back into lifting hard again. I was thinking maybe setting up a program using light to moderate weight, but using a slow tempo so that my muscles are still working hard but the load on the tendons wouldn’t be as bad and thus help them just like my muscles come back to full strength so i can lift hard again.

jreed, you might want to look at something like Hypertrophy Specific Training (HST). You’d do two weeks working up to your 15 rep max, which is a pre-hab type of cycle. Then you do two weeks working up to your 10-rep max (hypertrophy cycle), and then two weeks working up to your 5-rep max (a strength cycle). There’s also an eccentric-emphasis type of cycle, but I skipped that one.

Do a search on this site and on the 'Net. I think it would be a great way to get back into the routine.

I was just reading a review on Horrigan’s 7-Minute Rotator Cuff Solution, and it said that it takes 3 months to rehab a shoulder and another 3 months to strengthen the shoulder. I can’t recommend the book highly enough, especially since I had to work through the same issues as you. The book has done more to help me correct my shoulder problems than my PT or DC or LMT.