I made pork tacos yesterday.

I’ve eaten like 12 of them today.

4-5 lbs boneless boston butt
1 large red onion diced
1 bulb of garlic crushed (8-9 cloves)
1 jar of salsa verde
butter
olive oil
Seasoning (salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, paprika, garlic powder, cumin)
2 limes

The night before cooking rub the pork down with this dry rub, cover in an airtight container and refrigerate
1tbs hot paprika or 1/2tbs paprika 1tsp cayenne
1tbs garlic powder
1tbs cumin
1tsp oregano
1tsp thyme
1/2tbs salt
10 or 12 grinds of fresh cracked black pepper or a generous pinch of the canned stuff

Preheat your oven to 325
On the stove top in a large heavy roasting pan (I use an enameled dutch oven) heat up about 1tbs each of butter and olive oil
Sautee the onion slowly until it starts to brown
toss in the garlic and simmer for another 10 minutes or so
add the jar of salsa (I used Wegman’s brand), the juice of the 2 limes and the pork, cover and stick in the middle of your oven
cook at 325 for 45 minutes
turn the oven down to 265
cook for another 2 hours, remove pan from oven and turn pork, coating thoroughly with liquid
stick back in the oven and cook for another 3-4 hours at 265

I cooked a 4.85lb butt and it took about 6.5 hours until it was completely falling apart

Eat with small corn tortillas, shredded red cabbage and a nice spicy hot sauce

A 3 taco serving should have something like 30 grams of protein and a little less fat plus whatever carbs your tortillas have (mine are 26 grams for two)

Try it out, they’re amazing and cheap (grass fed boston butt is like $2.60 a lb at the local butcher). This should make something like 30 generous sized tacos.

Post recipes for large hunks of meat cooked at low temperatures for several hours.