Sling Shot

I have been using one every three weeks or so. My bench is 265 and I can get 315 for a double with the sling shot. I think it’s just another tool in the tool box. good for getting heavier weight in your hands. i have tried a shirt albeit not an exact fit and only got 35 lbs.

thats a pretty big increase when the creator said he only got ~40lbs from it.

[quote]rapper wrote:
I have been using one every three weeks or so. My bench is 265 and I can get 315 for a double with the sling shot. I think it’s just another tool in the tool box. good for getting heavier weight in your hands. i have tried a shirt albeit not an exact fit and only got 35 lbs.[/quote]

[quote]HERC410 wrote:
thats a pretty big increase when the creator said he only got ~40lbs from it.[/quote]

must be 2 ply and grid stitched…lol

I used a slingshot that was two sizes to big. I worked up to a double on bench raw, then for asst. kept the weight the same as my 2 rep max and did a couple of sets of 5 with it. Planning on asking for one for Christmas it’s a great tool.
I definitely get more out of a shirt though. I got 135 out of a Inzer RageX single ply that I could put on myself, this was my second time wearing a shirt.

Right, no one should get more than the creator, lol. Everyone is different. Another guy that does strong man got 70 and another powerlifter who has a 600 shirted bench only got 30. Same gym. Again, great tool.

Right, no one should get more than the creator, lol. Everyone is different. Another guy that does strong man got 70 and another powerlifter who has a 600 shirted bench only got 30. Same gym. Again, great tool.

Wait i don’t get it. If you are training for a raw meet, then… i dunno… doesn’t it make sense to train raw lol? If you are training in gear for a geared event then … train and learn your gear duuh! I don’t see how the “slingshot” fits in ya know?

As far as getting used to heavier weight - that’s why you have board presses, pin presses, partial ROM movements. If the slingshot changes the mechanics of your bench at any point of the movmeent, i don’t see any benefit over using those other tools.

[quote]mlekava000 wrote:
Wait i don’t get it. If you are training for a raw meet, then… i dunno… doesn’t it make sense to train raw lol? If you are training in gear for a geared event then … train and learn your gear duuh! I don’t see how the “slingshot” fits in ya know?

As far as getting used to heavier weight - that’s why you have board presses, pin presses, partial ROM movements. If the slingshot changes the mechanics of your bench at any point of the movmeent, i don’t see any benefit over using those other tools.[/quote]

The Sling Shot doesn’t change the mechanics of a raw bench. It helps train you to stay tight through the WHOLE range of motion…something that board presses, etc., can’t do. Plus it trains you to handle heavier weights because you can overload. There are plenty of competitive raw benchers who are training with the Sling Shot now. The biggest modification is that raw benchers need to do more paused reps with the Sling Shot, to overcome any tendency to bounce.