Slim Up Before Starting Mass Gain?

continue posting here storm, your building up a good amount of people who dislike you.

By the way, do you know anything about anything about bodybuilding. you say you have worked out for a couple of years but why are you worried about getting “too huge”. It is not like you workout for a week, then suddenly wake up one morning to find that you have gained forty pounds over the night…

[quote]scottiscool wrote:
n3wb wrote:
scottiscool wrote:
This is a favorite quote of mine. From Gironda’s website…

Once he got there Gary saw a photo of Arnold doing a most muscular pose.

Gary Busey: “I don’t want to look like that”

Vince Gironda: “Don’t worry, we’ll stop just before you get to look
like that”.

Totaly off topic, but who the hell thinks Arnold was to big?

Gary Busey, and pretty much everyone who doesn’t lift weights.
[/quote]

Good point.

Even Mens Health models had to bulk up and then cut. I would put them at at least 210 pounds ripped as well for 6’.

Meathead level…
I don’t know what it is, but I want it.

[quote]detazathoth wrote:
Seeing your ribs doesn’t make you “cut”, it makes you anorexic. Period.[/quote]

hahaha. I’m definitely using that one.

At 173 pounds and 6 ft i’d be surprised if you don’t use dental floss as toilet paper.

Eat. Sleep and work your ass off. Simple. No pain, no gain!

It’s the same with women really. You don’t expect Scarlet Johannson to jump into bed with you just cuz you’ve bought yourself a Hugo Boss shirt… You gotta work at it, hard… And even then she might not want to get in bed with you.

Hmmm… interesting angle I have here. Not sure where I’m going with all this.

[quote]T234 wrote:
Even Mens Health models had to bulk up and then cut. I would put them at at least 210 pounds ripped as well for 6’. [/quote]

Really? Well, now that I think about it yeah probably I’m cutting now, am at 203 and still not looking like them :wink: lol.

I plan on going up to 220 ish then v dieting.

Meat head. sounds like a delicassy. I’m huuuuungry. screw diets. siiiigh.

Why do people shit on Cutler so much? Look at him this past Olympia. Guy looks he was carved out of marble.

There are a few pro bodybuilders that look like shit (Greg Kovacs comes to mind) but he ain’t one of them.

Besides, Cutler is a heavyweight. You want symmetry/aesthetic/whatever, look at the guys under 200 pounds. They look great.

[quote]stormchaser wrote:
I’m 6’0" 173 lbs and like everyone else, would like to build some muscle, but not to the meathead level.

Thoughts?[/quote]

Yeah!! You’re a douchebag.

"You will not get “big and bulky” just because you’re doing squats and deadlifts. That statement is akin to me saying, “Eh, I don’t want to do any sprints today because I don’t want to win the 100m gold medal next week.” Getting big and bulky isn’t easy, just like winning the 100m gold medal isn’t easy.

If anything, it’s an insult to all those people who’ve spent years in the gym to look the way they do. It didn’t happen overnight, which is what you’re assuming by saying something so absurd.

And let’s be honest, most people (men and women) won’t work hard enough to get “big and bulky” in the first place."

-Tony Gentilcore

i think that says it all.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
stormchaser wrote:
but not to the meathead level.

Thoughts?

Where exactly is “meathead level” and at 170lbs at 6ft tall, why do you think you would have the genetics to get there even if you tried? Do you currently workout?[/quote]

My best Professor X impersonation. o.O RAWR.

On a related note, I’m amazed by how many skinny guys say they don’t want to get huge or “really ripped” or cut or whatever the in phrase is these days, but really they just look like shit in general. They’re not particularly strong, lean or muscular.

I think the ideal physique for a lightweight is a lightweight strongman, powerlifter or oly lifter’s. Look at most of the 165 pound powerlifters and tell me they’re “too big”. (They easily weigh under 200 street weight for god’s sake.) Yet they look incredible.

Why? Because they’re hella strong and they use their strength in the gym on a regular basis.

If you’re one seventy something at 6 foot and you don’t at least have a six pack your training must be seriously aweful.

Remember that the way you look, to paraphrase Chad Waterbury, is largely determined by what you have trained your body to do.

We should all consider what we have trained our bodies to do when we contemplate our physiques.

[quote]conorh wrote:
On a related note, I’m amazed by how many skinny guys say they don’t want to get huge or “really ripped” or cut or whatever the in phrase is these days, but really they just look like shit in general. They’re not particularly strong, lean or muscular.
[/quote]

Yes. Strange to start something with statement like 'I hope I don’t do too well".

I think many skinny guys say this because they have trouble gaining enough weight to look good and are trying to leave themselves an out.

“It’s my genetics” “I’m not meant to be big” etc etc.

Yes it takes fucking ages. But it will never happen unless you start.

[quote]swissrugby67 wrote:
detazathoth wrote:
Seeing your ribs doesn’t make you “cut”, it makes you anorexic. Period.

hahaha. I’m definitely using that one.

At 173 pounds and 6 ft i’d be surprised if you don’t use dental floss as toilet paper.

Eat. Sleep and work your ass off. Simple. No pain, no gain!

It’s the same with women really. You don’t expect Scarlet Johannson to jump into bed with you just cuz you’ve bought yourself a Hugo Boss shirt… You gotta work at it, hard… And even then she might not want to get in bed with you.

Hmmm… interesting angle I have here. Not sure where I’m going with all this.

[/quote]
Thats soo hilariously funny, but yeah,point agreed.

[quote]conorh wrote:

I think the ideal physique for a lightweight is a lightweight strongman, powerlifter or oly lifter’s. Look at most of the 165 pound powerlifters and tell me they’re “too big”. (They easily weigh under 200 street weight for god’s sake.) Yet they look incredible.

…[/quote]

I prefer a defensive back or middle weight fighters physique myself but they look kind of like the lighter class oly or power lifters.

emmm yea… getting too big as far as muscle weight i dont think you have to worry about. im built probably close to what you are. Im 6’ 185 and i always carry a little fat on my lower stomach and under my chin.

i dont know why cause my legs are skinny as crap no matter what. but to the point. I started working out at about 155lbs at 6’ and i carried about the same amount of fat then that i do now but the 30 pounds of solid muscle sure helps alot to make that little bit of fat less noticable.

just take it slow as far as weight gain. dont jump directly to eating 5000 calories a day. increase your caloric intake by say 300 calories a day and jump another three hundred once a week(so week 1 2300 calories a day, week 2 2600 calories a day, ect. ) and cap that off at about 3500-4000 calories a day or stop and cut back down once you get to around 195-200lbs.

i might still not have a six pack but if i go outside in a tank top girls definatly stop me like “daamn, you just get outta jail?!” (I live in baltimore city, dont mind thier ignorance)