Slight Shoulder Ache

Last week during my chest shoulder workout which consists of standing military press(barbell), incline bench press, flat bench press, and behind the neck bench shoulder press on the smith machine, I felt a little discomfort in my left shoulder after bench press. It wasn’t enough to prevent me from finishing the behind the neck presses. Today I worked out the same work out, but dropped the behind the neck presses and substituted weighted dips in because I read only a small percent, like 30 or so can do behind the neck presses safely, but I had only been doing them for 3-5 workouts.

Today I felt fine during my workout, still lifted very heavy, everything in the 3-5 rep range. I still have a small ache in it, and have since the last workout. Hasn’t gotten any worse. I have been icing it. I take lots of fish oil and one or two joint supplements. I just want to be sure it doesn’t get any worse and I would rather change something now that have problems in the future, I am only 22 years old. Never had an injury before. Should I just keep lifting the same way and see if it goes away or change something?

Also, I do not get any “pain” no matter how I move my left shoulder, just the slight ache, only a click here and there from front raises which I haven’t done for a few days.

so from last night at about 6pm until this morning at 6am(last ibuprofen taken). I’ve taken. 1000mg and this morning my shoulder feels amazing. How do I know if it is safe to lift again? I was going to skip any direct shoulder work today no matter what but was hoping I could do shoulder work wednesday again.