Slight Decline Press

Something i tried yesterday

after i read the below article yesterday, i decided to try it immediately.

http://www.T-Nation.com/strength-training-topics/2257

i did slight decline db presses with a 10 kg plate under the bench as described and it really made a huge difference.

after 3 sets of 12 reps, my chest muscles were shaking ( which is not a common thing for me ) and today its sore as fuck.

i just wanted to share my experience with you.

I had the same epiphany. Slight decline makes up the brunt of my chest work these days

Cool, will give it a shot.

[quote]Aopocetx wrote:
Cool, will give it a shot.[/quote]

Try both slight inclines and slight declines. I was quite surprised on the difference a very small angle change makes.

Yup yup!

I always had slight issues trying to do chest dips, and flat work always felt like more of a shoulder movement to me, but when I discovered that piling a few plates under one end of a flat bench not only didn’t make things feel awkward, as well as gave me a huge pump, it became a cornerstone of mine for years. Admitedly I swiped the idea from an old Crodova article on utilizing angles.

S

Yes sir! It’s amazing how such a slight change can make such a big difference. It’s also a lot less stressful on the shoulder I find.

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Yup yup!

I always had slight issues trying to do chest dips, and flat work always felt like more of a shoulder movement to me, but when I discovered that piling a few plates under one end of a flat bench not only didn’t make things feel awkward, as well as gave me a huge pump, it became a cornerstone of mine for years. Admitedly I swiped the idea from an old Crodova article on utilizing angles.

S[/quote]

i’ve been doing my db presses with a neutral grip for a while and it worked great on this angle.

Yup yup!

S[/quote]

Cordova is the man! I’ve borrowed ideas from him as well.

[quote]CLUNK wrote:

Yup yup!

S[/quote]

Cordova is the man! I’ve borrowed ideas from him as well. [/quote]

Oh yeah, very bright guy, and humble as hell. He was a big reason why I stepped onstage in the first place, and when we first chatted, and I found out that he himself did a few things training wise that I had already stumbled upon and adopted on my own, it was a nice little bit of validation indeed.

S

[quote]CLUNK wrote:

Yup yup!

S[/quote]

Cordova is the man! I’ve borrowed ideas from him as well. [/quote]

Oh yeah, very bright guy, and humble as hell. He was a big reason why I stepped onstage in the first place, and when we first chatted, and I found out that he himself did a few things training wise that I had already stumbled upon and adopted on my own, it was a nice little bit of validation indeed.

S
[/quote]

I never spoke to him, but I had the same experience… thinking I invented an exercise or a new approach, only to find out he already does them. Same with John Meadows. LOL