T Nation

Sleeping Pills

Im looking for an OTC sleeping pill that will help me out this fri, I will be a bit dehydrated for a wrestling tourne on sat and want to try to get a decent nights sleep… anyone have any suggestions… post here or pm me.
JC

You are likely referring to diphenhydramine, or by trade name, Unisom. I would not really recommend it if you are looking to get a “good” night of sleep. Diphenhydramine is actually a sedative antihistamine, thus it helps to induce sleep, but does not inherently improve the quality of it.

Instead of this, I would recommend using a standard dose of ZMA along with 5-HTP (1.5-2.0 mg/kg bodymass). Try it for a few days, and see how you like it first. Let me know how this works for you or if you need anything else.

~Terumo

I take a dose of zma and 3mg melatonin when i need to get good sleep. laters pk

ZOPLICONE!!!

You might want to try Melatonin 3, that’s what I use, and it helps make me sleepy, I don’t know if it will give you a good night sleep, but you won’t feel drowsy when you wake up, and you’ll sleep.

I got some Trazodone from someone and that stuff knocks me out. I get a nice, deep sleep and have some crazy dreams. I wake up feeling refreshed :slight_smile:

It is a prescription, but its possible you can buy it online.

Seditol!

Go natural:

http://www.nextpharmaceuticals.com/seditol/seditol.html

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Seditol!

Go natural:

http://www.nextpharmaceuticals.com/seditol/seditol.html[/quote]

So where do you buy it? I ran a google search and couldn’t find any stores selling seditol. Have you tried this yourself?

Rim

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Seditol!

Go natural:

[/quote]

There isn’t a lot of information given on this product, but if it is made by the same guys that produce Relora (as the website implies), I’d be very skeptical.

~Terumo

[quote]Terumo wrote:

Instead of this, I would recommend using a standard dose of ZMA along with 5-HTP (1.5-2.0 mg/kg bodymass). Try it for a few days, and see how you like it first. Let me know how this works for you or if you need anything else.

~Terumo[/quote]

If you don’t mind me asking - on what basis do you make this recommndation? Is this from your personal experience or are there studies supporting this? The reason i am asking is sleep or lack of it is sometimes a problem for me (work related) and so I am desperately searching for sleep aids.

thanks

[quote]Riminator wrote:
ZEB wrote:
Seditol!

Go natural:

So where do you buy it? I ran a google search and couldn’t find any stores selling seditol. Have you tried this yourself?

Rim[/quote]

This stuff sounds like it could be worth a try… but yeah can’t find it anywhere

[quote]HouseOfAtlas wrote:
I got some Trazodone from someone and that stuff knocks me out. I get a nice, deep sleep and have some crazy dreams. I wake up feeling refreshed :slight_smile:

It is a prescription, but its possible you can buy it online.[/quote]

I got some Trazadone from a friend at work. When I take it I have about thirty different fucked up dreams a night. It makes it hard for me to get my ass out of bed.

get some ambien

You can find Seditol here www.NaturalSleepSedativeRemedy.com . It’s the only place in the US that currently sells Seditol.

I take Melatonin and Valerian Root. Valerian helps me relax(turn off the chatter) and Melatonin helps me stay asleep. I do on occasion have some really wacked dreams, but those are usually attributed to work situations. One really can’t expect a good days sleep after doing telephone CPR on your good friend and mentor.

[quote]911 Girl wrote:
I take Melatonin and Valerian Root. Valerian helps me relax(turn off the chatter) and Melatonin helps me stay asleep. I do on occasion have some really wacked dreams, but those are usually attributed to work situations. One really can’t expect a good days sleep after doing telephone CPR on your good friend and mentor.[/quote]

Hi 911 Girl,

I used to take Melatonin on “overdid the stimulant” days. My dosage was between 1 to 3 g. What is your max dose and do you know any site I can order from? Can’t get it in London. A friend in LA used to send me some.

I second the ambien call, tried some of my friend’s the other day and I got the best nights sleep. When I woke up I felt like a million bucks.

A note about Melatonin: I was unable to use 3g or 5g doses. It kept me awake at those doses. I tried Life Extension Foundation’s 750mcg the other day and it seemed to work fine. I fell asleep and stayed asleep for about 5-6 hours. Not ideal but better than a night of no sleep. Plus, a bottle of 60 capsules costs less than $5.

Rim

Valerian and hops is an effective and natural sedative.

I used it when doing exams and it seemed to help.

3 grams, holy mother I didnt think it came in that amount.

I love GABA, melatonin and ZMA. I have a lot of problems with stress and outside noise that make it hard to sleep. Taking those 3 makes me really drowsy and its really nice to have no problem sleeping. In my experience, melatonin doesnt make me drowsy, it just helps me too sleep longer.