T Nation

Sleeper Pick for breaking the Raw bench world record

been watchin Big Rob’s progress lately and its fuckin insane. Watch out Spoto

holy shit that dead press is insane, I can’t imagine handling that kind of weight without bringing it down. The world of bench pressing could get really exciting with Rob, spoto, and siamand rahman all getting so close.

405 OHP for reps?!
This guy is insane

yeah i dont know how this has been going under the radar

Not to be a dick here, but does anyone notice how far from locking out he goes on the first 4 reps of OHP? Compare the height of the bar on them to the 5th. I always see this with big guys, they rarely lock the lift out. Completely amazing strength and incredibly impressive, just curious.

DAMN!

will be nice to see how this evolves.

Know of any videos of him doing any regular bench presses?

WTF?

[quote]deepsquats220 wrote:
Not to be a dick here, but does anyone notice how far from locking out he goes on the first 4 reps of OHP? Compare the height of the bar on them to the 5th. I always see this with big guys, they rarely lock the lift out. Completely amazing strength and incredibly impressive, just curious. [/quote]

Trying to keep tension on the shoulders maybe?

[quote]dt79 wrote:

Holy shit! I wonder if Spoto knows about this guy.

Not to be a dick here, but does anyone notice how far from locking out he goes on the first 4 reps of OHP? Compare the height of the bar on them to the 5th. I always see this with big guys, they rarely lock the lift out. Completely amazing strength and incredibly impressive, just curious. [/quote]

Seems to be working for him pretty good.

[quote]dt79 wrote:

WTF are those kids on the floor doing

My guess is they’re making sure his ass stays on the bench.

[quote]Zbujorian wrote:

[quote]dt79 wrote:

Holy shit! I wonder if Spoto knows about this guy.
[/quote]

This guy is crazy strong, but I doubt Spoto is too worried about him…here’s a video of Eric trying 765 for a double with the same type of slingshot as the other dude hit 715 for a single with.

[quote]Zbujorian wrote:

Trying to keep tension on the shoulders maybe?[/quote]

I know spoto has said that he does the limited range of motion to minimize the wear and tear on his joints. I would assume that is the same with most of these guys who press a large amount of weight.

Not to be a dick, but he is bouncing that bar pretty hard compared to the other fellas pressing the same weight. How well does he go paused?

Yeah, he has shits that weigh more than I can bench… But if he is going for a record, or in the running, thats gotta come into play.

[quote]sexyxe wrote:
Not to be a dick, but he is bouncing that bar pretty hard compared to the other fellas pressing the same weight. How well does he go paused?

Yeah, he has shits that weigh more than I can bench… But if he is going for a record, or in the running, thats gotta come into play. [/quote]

x2 Spoto is much more controlled

[quote]MightyMouse17 wrote:
My guess is they’re making sure his ass stays on the bench.[/quote]

Okay I can buy that. Now tell me what the women holding the baby is doing?

[quote]DBasler wrote:

[quote]MightyMouse17 wrote:
My guess is they’re making sure his ass stays on the bench.[/quote]

Okay I can buy that. Now tell me what the women holding the baby is doing?[/quote]

Keeping the baby from falling on the floor.