Sleep Strategies

Find something slow to watch on Netflix.

I find old episodes of Columbo do the trick. I love Columbo, but the show puts me out every time. It can take me a week to finish one episode.

[quote]Christine wrote:

I find old episodes of Columbo do the trick. I love Columbo, but the show puts me out every time. It can take me a week to finish one episode.[/quote]
We can’t sleep together. Zero noise and total darkness.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]devilmanVISA wrote:
I take
3 5htp caps
3 zma caps
5g fish oil
5g borage oil
1g vit-C
2 animal paks (1 serving size)
and depending how beaten up I feel, 800mg ibuprofen liqui-gels.

I also train in evenings, and post workout looks like this:
10g creatine mono
5g leucine
10g whey isolate made from milk
2 scoops surge recovery
2 scoops mag10

an hour later I eat a meal composed of 80g protein, 10-30g fat, 100-180g carbs

an hour after that I’ll eat a few cinnamon rolls or some danishes or doughnuts

an hour after that I take the aforementioned pills, take a shower and all associated personal hygiene maintenance acts, then bed follows.

I will usually make an attempt to stuff my penis is one or more of the wife’s openings once settled into bed. It may not be 100% infallible, but I have found some correlation between the number of openings and the quality of sleep. I think it may be a multiplicative effect if not an exponential one.[/quote]Can I borrow your wife and see if I get sleepy too?
[/quote]

Of course you’d go there. I seriously doubt you could afford the interest I’d have to charge though. I take my sleep SRSLY.

[quote]Christine wrote:

I find old episodes of Columbo do the trick. I love Columbo, but the show puts me out every time. It can take me a week to finish one episode.[/quote]

If I’m having trouble catching my ZZZs, the old 90s Batman Animated Series will put me down like 2 to the dome. Something about the backgrounds being hand painted on black paper instead of white. Its like ambien on a DVD.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]bignate wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:
Make sure you have a comfortable mattress.[/quote]

youre quickly becoming a favored poster of mine, ill have to make more threads for you[/quote]
No problem. It’s too bad SAMA is gone.[/quote]

I know, GAL just doesnt do you justice…although sex is off topic?

[quote]mwebb wrote:
The few things that I have found that have helped my sleep quality tremendously was the following:

1. Getting in lots of veggies during the day - the higher the mineral content the better

2. Meditation- gets you calmed down and makes dreams more vivid if you use a meditation tape in conjunction. Preferably within a few hours before bed.

3. Protein- getting in protein right before bed and also half way thru the night (skip it if you don’t naturally get up during the night). Seems to keep the furnace going and the body responds in kind by finding deeper sleep.

4. Dream Journaling- Don’t know the mechanism behind it but it makes my dreams feel more real up to the point that they are now pseudo-consistently lucid. I have found that my mind is sharper during the day as well.

[/quote]

i really like the journal idea as i useally can remeber some of my dream when i wake up and i have pretty crazy dreams so itd be interesting to see if i make that more real.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

I take
3 5htp caps
3 zma caps
5g fish oil
5g borage oil
1g vit-C
2 animal paks (1 serving size)
and depending how beaten up I feel, 800mg ibuprofen liqui-gels.

I also train in evenings, and post workout looks like this:
10g creatine mono
5g leucine
10g whey isolate made from milk
2 scoops surge recovery
2 scoops mag10

an hour later I eat a meal composed of 80g protein, 10-30g fat, 100-180g carbs

an hour after that I’ll eat a few cinnamon rolls or some danishes or doughnuts

an hour after that I take the aforementioned pills, take a shower and all associated personal hygiene maintenance acts, then bed follows.

I will usually make an attempt to stuff my penis is one or more of the wife’s openings once settled into bed. It may not be 100% infallible, but I have found some correlation between the number of openings and the quality of sleep. I think it may be a multiplicative effect if not an exponential one.[/quote]Can I borrow your wife and see if I get sleepy too?
[/quote]

Of course you’d go there. I seriously doubt you could afford the interest I’d have to charge though. I take my sleep SRSLY.
[/quote]throw me a number.

Do not let the bed bugs bite.

Some general advice:

!) Only use the bed for sex and sleeping. Do not associate it with anything else.

1. Sleep in a dark and cool room. We used to be cavemen and we sleep better in dark and somewhat cold places.

2. Avoid big meals before sleeping. I found out that if I eat a lot to close to sleeping time, my sleep is considerably worse.

3. Rethink your training. Training too hard can actually effect your sleeping quite a bit - so it might be a factor.

4. Make sure to get daylight. The body needs daylight to produce serotonin which effects our sleeping pattern, so it is essential to get enough of this during the day.

5. Avoids bright screens late at night. This is a big one. Changing this has changed my sleep. Try this program out: f.lux: software to make your life better . It can be a potential game changer. In short it is a program that automatically adjust your screen brightness according to your local time. Once you have tried it a couple of days you will never want to stop using it. It makes the screen kinda weird looking at first, but you’ll get used to it really fast.

Try to switch it off at night after having the program on for an hour or two. You will not believe the difference (your eyes will hurt) and will probably wonder how you could ever use your normal screen brightness.

Also - ditch the drugs. Druges are just treating the symptoms, not the underlying cause. If you have trouble sleeping, something is off in your life - taking drugs will not fix it and is not a sustainable solution. rugs has its place at certain times, but it shouldn’t replace an effort to fix a bad sleeping pattern.

I hope that helps.

You americans are so funny, everybody has to do drugs or you’re not “cool”.

Idiots.

And then you wonder how you have so much problems. “Wow my weed doesn’t come from mexico, that’s not a crime”, riiight.

[quote]Aaargh wrote:

Idiots.

And then you wonder how you have so much problems. “Wow my weed doesn’t come from mexico, that’s not a crime”, riiight.[/quote]

???

[quote]Aaargh wrote:

Idiots.

And then you wonder how you have so much problems. “Wow my weed doesn’t come from mexico, that’s not a crime”, riiight.[/quote]
Take a chill pill, dude.

[quote]Aaargh wrote:

Idiots.

I don’t smoke, but I hear Mexican weed is a crime.

[quote]Christine wrote:

[quote]Aaargh wrote:

Idiots.

I don’t smoke, but I hear Mexican weed is a crime.[/quote]
Yeah the swag. Mexican red hair is pretty fucking good.

X2 on that screen brightness thing. At nights I turn down the brightness on my laptop and TV about an hour before I go to bed.

I’ve also found that listening to new age or classical music when going to bed really helps me to get a real deep sleep. I usually set the thing to turn off after 15 minutes, close my eyes and enjoy the ride.

[quote]Aaargh wrote:

Idiots.

Lol. I think at least the part about Americans being funny is true.

[quote]Freaky_Frankie wrote:
X2 on that screen brightness thing. At nights I turn down the brightness on my laptop and TV about an hour before I go to bed.

I’ve also found that listening to new age or classical music when going to bed really helps me to get a real deep sleep. I usually set the thing to turn off after 15 minutes, close my eyes and enjoy the ride. [/quote]
It helps you take your mind off of shit, allowing you to rest.

You can also handle your shit, view situations you can’t control appropriately, cut some anchors and sleep like a baby nightly. And wake up enthused for the days adventures too.

I work out at night. SO after a heavy lower body day sqaut or dead i come home take a supppperr hot shower for like 20 min and then I eat a but load of food then i cut my fan on lie down and im sleep in less than 10 min. Although you may not be able to do that every night lol but thats what helps me.

[quote]Christine wrote:

Family guy is funny as crap but when im tired it does the same thing to me lol.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]Christine wrote:

[quote]Aaargh wrote:

Idiots.

I don’t smoke, but I hear Mexican weed is a crime.[/quote]
Yeah the swag. Mexican red hair is pretty fucking good.[/quote]
x2

Oh yes… I haven’t heard “Mexican red hair” since the late 80’s.

I literally pissed my pants after smoking a joint of it.