Sleep Strategies

I don’t have trouble sleeping unless I’m stressed or aggravated about something, then I’ll just stay up.
If I’m not falling asleep right away, then I won’t just lie there getting pissed off that I can’t sleep. I’ll just go do some homework or pr0n.

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:
Temperature has a pretty huge effect on the quality of sleep I get. If it’s even remotely warm in the room, I tend to toss and turn, which leads to 1000 wake-ups during the night.

I’ve had good luck with melatonin, Z-12, and ZMA on the supplement front though. The returns from ZMA on the front seem to diminish pretty quickly though for me.[/quote]

x2, ZMA(3 caps standard) and melatonin(3 mg) on the regular

[quote]cwill1973 wrote:
I used to wake up several times a night and had trouble falling back to sleep. Once I started wearing socks to bed I usually sleep through the night and if I wake up I easily fall back asleep. Sounds crazy but it worked.[/quote]

thats fucking awesome, ill give this a shot as i always sleep barefoot

What I allow myself to think about makes a huge difference in how quickly I will fall asleep. If I think about work or personal problems, I will stay awake for hours; if I purposefully initiate daydreams, I will drift off relatively quickly.

Also I take magnesium before bed. I also have melatonin, but I save it for when I need it to prevent disrupting my natural production.

I like having my room cold, put in ear plugs because room mates will talk on the phone, and I also wear an eye covering mask. I hate it when I am half asleep and something pulls me out, after that it will take at least 1.5-2 hours to fall asleep for the night.

Make sure you have a comfortable mattress.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:
Make sure you have a comfortable mattress.[/quote]

youre quickly becoming a favored poster of mine, ill have to make more threads for you

If your neck and shoulders are bothering you, experiment with different pillow arrangements. I use four, two at head, one to hug, and one under or between knees. That has made a big difference in the amount of pain and/or numbness I have to deal with.

[quote]bignate wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

youre quickly becoming a favored poster of mine, ill have to make more threads for you[/quote]
No problem. It’s too bad SAMA is gone.

[quote]Tex Ag wrote:
If your neck and shoulders are bothering you, experiment with different pillow arrangements. I use four, two at head, one to hug, and one under or between knees. That has made a big difference in the amount of pain and/or numbness I have to deal with.[/quote]
Pretty damn cute too.

I do like a pillow for my knees. Great for alignment.

The few things that I have found that have helped my sleep quality tremendously was the following:

1. Getting in lots of veggies during the day - the higher the mineral content the better

2. Meditation- gets you calmed down and makes dreams more vivid if you use a meditation tape in conjunction. Preferably within a few hours before bed.

3. Protein- getting in protein right before bed and also half way thru the night (skip it if you don’t naturally get up during the night). Seems to keep the furnace going and the body responds in kind by finding deeper sleep.

4. Dream Journaling- Don’t know the mechanism behind it but it makes my dreams feel more real up to the point that they are now pseudo-consistently lucid. I have found that my mind is sharper during the day as well.

[quote]bignate wrote:

[quote]simpstr1 wrote:
I used to sleep like a log, then POOF I’m tossing and turning all night. I think mine is hormonal. 800mg of Motrin works well also! ; )[/quote]

Does the motrin have anything besides the anti inflammatory in there? Ive had cycles of lots of ibuprofen for other reasons but this might be worth a shot.[/quote]

No, its just regular motrin. Had an injury so they upped the mgs.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

I think I need a new one.

[quote]simpstr1 wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

I think I need a new one.[/quote]
Tempurpedic. Totally worth it.

I take
3 5htp caps
3 ZMA caps
5g fish oil
5g borage oil
1g vit-C
2 animal paks (1 serving size)
and depending how beaten up I feel, 800mg ibuprofen liqui-gels.

I also train in evenings, and post workout looks like this:
10g creatine mono
5g leucine
10g whey isolate made from milk
2 scoops Surge Recovery
2 scoops MAG-10

an hour later I eat a meal composed of 80g protein, 10-30g fat, 100-180g carbs

an hour after that I’ll eat a few cinnamon rolls or some danishes or doughnuts

an hour after that I take the aforementioned pills, take a shower and all associated personal hygiene maintenance acts, then bed follows.

I will usually make an attempt to stuff my penis is one or more of the wife’s openings once settled into bed. It may not be 100% infallible, but I have found some correlation between the number of openings and the quality of sleep. I think it may be a multiplicative effect if not an exponential one.

[quote]devilmanVISA wrote:
I take
3 5htp caps
3 zma caps
5g fish oil
5g borage oil
1g vit-C
2 animal paks (1 serving size)
and depending how beaten up I feel, 800mg ibuprofen liqui-gels.

I also train in evenings, and post workout looks like this:
10g creatine mono
5g leucine
10g whey isolate made from milk
2 scoops surge recovery
2 scoops mag10

an hour later I eat a meal composed of 80g protein, 10-30g fat, 100-180g carbs

an hour after that I’ll eat a few cinnamon rolls or some danishes or doughnuts

an hour after that I take the aforementioned pills, take a shower and all associated personal hygiene maintenance acts, then bed follows.

I will usually make an attempt to stuff my penis is one or more of the wife’s openings once settled into bed. It may not be 100% infallible, but I have found some correlation between the number of openings and the quality of sleep. I think it may be a multiplicative effect if not an exponential one.[/quote]Can I borrow your wife and see if I get sleepy too?

[quote]aeyogi wrote:
What I allow myself to think about makes a huge difference in how quickly I will fall asleep. If I think about work or personal problems, I will stay awake for hours; if I purposefully initiate daydreams, I will drift off relatively quickly.

Also I take magnesium before bed. I also have melatonin, but I save it for when I need it to prevent disrupting my natural production.[/quote]

x2 on the daydream though its usually “some awesome fantasy” like me rocking out a big stadium and chicks throwing Victoria Secret panties at me or something else awesome like that. hehe

I didn’t have time to read the whole thread, but in my mind, I think the main thing is, always treat the sheep gently, always give her treats, and you really should only do what you’re doing when she’s in season.

Make sure you like your pillow.

[quote]LHT wrote:
I didn’t have time to read the whole thread, but in my mind, I think the main thing is, always treat the sheep gently, always give her treats, and you really should only do what you’re doing when she’s in season.[/quote]

Naturally.