Sleep Strategies

So i just wanted to create a thread to compile some sleep tips/techniques for getting a great night sleep. It seems like alot of ppl on the board, myself included, have a wide array of sleep troubles.

For me, i have trouble falling asleep and staying asleep for long periods of time, i.e more than a couple hours. Generally however at points in the night, i wake up every 15-30 minutes just stirring.
I consume a decent amount of caffine, but generally not later in the day and ive had the same amount for the past couple years and had periods where i slept great, so i really dont think this is culprit.

So there it is, post your own sleep problems, and to thoser who have had some success with sleep, give me your TIPS!!!

Heres some things i like:
Room absolutely black
Fan or other small white noise going
same bed/bedtime every night if possible
If you can, not using an alarm makes waking up so much more relaxing

I like to lay in bed, turn off the lights and close my eyes.

Melatonin can be helpful.

I used to sleep like a log, then POOF I’m tossing and turning all night. I think mine is hormonal. 800mg of Motrin works well also! ; )

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

Melatonin can be helpful.[/quote]

classic HG post.

srly though, i have always been envious of people that can just fall asleep on their backs easily. Since my neck injury shit, ive been regulated to sleeping on the back and sides, which mostly means back cuz my shoulders bug me after to much side sleeping, and it usually just ends with me looking at the ceiling for 30+ min…

[quote]simpstr1 wrote:
I used to sleep like a log, then POOF I’m tossing and turning all night. I think mine is hormonal. 800mg of Motrin works well also! ; )[/quote]

Does the motrin have anything besides the anti inflammatory in there? Ive had cycles of lots of ibuprofen for other reasons but this might be worth a shot.

Avoid the use of stimulants caffeine etc

Got to bed at the same time every night

Exercise …but avoid doing it close to your bed time.

Avoid habitual sleep aids. Habitual use can cause the problem your trying to cure.

De-stress when ever possible

I deal with it too. One thing that I’m trying to do is avoid screens (TV, computer, phone, etc.) at least 30 min before turning out the lights.

[quote]dirtman wrote:
Avoid the use of stimulants caffeine etc

Got to bed at the same time every night

Exercise …but avoid doing it close to your bed time.

Avoid habitual sleep aids. Habitual use can cause the problem your trying to cure.

Masturbate, fuck or get BJ’s when ever possible

[/quote]

Fixed that for you

[quote]bignate wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

classic HG post.

srly though, i have always been envious of people that can just fall asleep on their backs easily. Since my neck injury shit, ive been regulated to sleeping on the back and sides, which mostly means back cuz my shoulders bug me after to much side sleeping, and it usually just ends with me looking at the ceiling for 30+ min…[/quote]
Yep. True and unfiltered.

Try melatonin.

Obviously smoke weed before bed, wtf guys.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
Obviously smoke weed before bed, wtf guys.[/quote]

Lol some people are subject to random drug screens.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Lol some people are subject to random drug screens. [/quote]

some people already do that…in copious amounts to no avail.

Then I stay up watching Family Guy reruns and lose track of time.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]bignate wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

classic HG post.

srly though, i have always been envious of people that can just fall asleep on their backs easily. Since my neck injury shit, ive been regulated to sleeping on the back and sides, which mostly means back cuz my shoulders bug me after to much side sleeping, and it usually just ends with me looking at the ceiling for 30+ min…[/quote]
Yep. True and unfiltered.

Try melatonin.[/quote]

ill look into it, thanks

[quote]bignate wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

some people already do that…in copious amounts to no avail.
[/quote]
Try cocaine then.

Jk.

Seriously though, heroin.

I find a fan, for the sound, works great. Or any sound machine that creates a constant soft sound.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Nyquil?

jklol

Temperature has a pretty huge effect on the quality of sleep I get. If it’s even remotely warm in the room, I tend to toss and turn, which leads to 1000 wake-ups during the night.

I’ve had good luck with melatonin, Z-12, and ZMA on the supplement front though. The returns from ZMA on the sleep improvement front seem to diminish pretty quickly for me though.

Edited.

Try ZMA,and you get awesome dreams to go with it.

I used to wake up several times a night and had trouble falling back to sleep. Once I started wearing socks to bed I usually sleep through the night and if I wake up I easily fall back asleep. Sounds crazy but it worked.