Sleep Soon After Workout?

I workout at around 9 a.m. Sometimes if I haven’t slept well the night before and sometimes even when I HAVE slept okay, I feel like taking a quick nap after I get back from the gym. It’s not like I sleep for hours, just like 30-45 minutes.

I’m wondering if this screws up my system or my t-levels since I was sleeping, then worked out and then slept again. I don’t do it all the time, just once in awhile.

From what I’ve read, it’s great if you have the time, ups your GH output and improves recovery.

Its good for your CNS too. I forget who, but one of the staff said relaxing in your car for a few minutes after the gym lets your CNS calm down right after an intense workout.

If you can sleep, go for it. I’m usually to geeked to. I’d advise you to have a post workout drink first.

[quote]ripit wrote:
I workout at around 9 a.m. Sometimes if I haven’t slept well the night before and sometimes even when I HAVE slept okay, I feel like taking a quick nap after I get back from the gym. It’s not like I sleep for hours, just like 30-45 minutes.

I’m wondering if this screws up my system or my t-levels since I was sleeping, then worked out and then slept again. I don’t do it all the time, just once in awhile. [/quote]

Eat before you sleep though. When I was a student I’d train in the morning and then sleep for 2-3 hrs. Fantastic. As I got older I did not feel like sleeping after working out though, maybe I train less hard I dunno.

i workout in the afternoon and I always am sleepy afterwards. if I can I usually take a nap. why does this happen?

[quote]matsm21 wrote:
i workout in the afternoon and I always am sleepy afterwards. if I can I usually take a nap. why does this happen?[/quote]

Its common to have this energy slump in the afternoon, sometimes regardless of what you ate earlier on. Try moving your workout to later on or earlier if poss. Maximal strength is supposed to peak about 2 hrs after waking and then later on again, can’t remember how many hours. You might be better suited and stronger when working out earlier on.