T Nation

Sleep Remedies on Juice?

Anybody found anything to help get some more sleep while on cycle. Several compounds give me insomnia especially and of course tren. Now let me explain this I’m a recovered addict with 3.5 years clean. So I can’t even think about taking Xanax are any other mind altering substance. I’ve taken Benadryl and melatonin but I build Tolerance so fast really that’s my prob with everything due to my past. But I’m only getting 5 hours of sleep on a good night open to any suggestions thanks.

The reason you build a tolerance to melatonin is because they sell it in doses that are anywhere from 5-10x what you actually need. It’s a dumb thing the supplement industry has been doing for years. Low dose shouldn’t build tolerance nearly as quickly.

Valerian root is pretty good for sleep. Magnesium is excellent. If you go that route get the glycinate version, otherwise you’ll spend most of the next day on the toilet. You can make your own ZMA-style stack with zinc and magnesium glycinate. That should help. But the best way to avoid trensomnia is to avoid tren. Otherwise it’s always a gamble.

1 Like

I’ve been using Cerenity PM for weeks. Been a game changer. My TRT doc suggested it. No problem falling asleep and even when I wake up to pee 10 times my mind doesn’t race and I can get back to sleep pretty quick. Has been able to overpower the trensomnia!!

• 5-HTP (note, unsafe if concurrently taken with serotonergic drugs)

• Valerian root

• ZMA

• Meditation

• Not using Tren

• cease screentime a good 60-90 mins prior to sleeping

• read a book in bed

• Rub one out (this one in particular can be quite effective)

1 Like

WAY before you were even born, we used to call this “nature’s night time sleep aid” :laughing:

3 Likes

MK-677 makes me sleepy (and others seems to have this experience). Additionally, it improves your GH production while sleeping, making the sleep you do get better.

When I started getting (mild to moderate) insomnia on NPP, I realized that eating surgary/processed foods within an hour or two of going to bed caused me to toss and turn all night. Also, if frequent urination is an issue during the night, 1/4 teaspoon of salt before bed will fix that.

Hey Yuppie I couldn’t have said it better. Exactly that is what I’m saying to the people in need of melatonin and magnesium at my pharmacy. I give them 0.5 mg melatonin usually. When I went to America I got me some melatonin and the lowest dose they had was 2.5 mg. 5 mg was what I settled for and I always took a small part of the pill

The glycinate also has the added benefit that glycine is for most people relaxing on its own as it is an inhibitory neurotransmitter. For that effect you should take it with some carbs (maybe juice) but not with protein.

1 Like

Thank you I’m gonna try some magnesium tonight see how it goes.

Ok Boomer. lol Back in my day…

ZMA is amazing. BUT be prepared for some wicked dreams. Very vivid. They can get very extreme. I like to take it just for the dreams it causes.

Mk-677 also works for me, improves my sleep too, wake up sooner feeling ive had a better sleep

Thank you guys for the magnesium recommendation. I’m getting better sleep then I have in a long time.

2 Likes
  1. Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) therapeutic is 75mg-100mg for sleep aid. It works for 4-5hrs but you will hit rem sleep. Keep the bottle by your bedside so if you wake at 2am, take another 75mg. What your tiring to do is condition your body to a pattern!
  2. Doxylamine succinate is awesome. (Active sleep aid in Nyquil).
    You can add 5mg of Melatonin. Works very well.
  3. Also I like working out at night to fatigue myself, down my protein shake to fill my belly, shower before bed to sleep deeper. Also have an awesome memory foam 4in mattress topper and run a 20in box fan with 20x20 home depot air filter on the back to filter the room air and add white noise so I don’t hear and outside noises to wake me up.

Also a room diffuser with Chamomile helps alleviates insomnia. There are other oils you can research.

Avoid any naps during the day!

Get you body on a mental clock and acclimate your body to a strict time for bed! Kinda like traveling to different time zones or jet lag. You have to acclimate your body, but you have to be consistent!

75-100 mg diphenhydramine is overkill in my opinion. 50 mg should suffice. Also it works longer than 4-5 hours. 7 hours is better, in high doses like you suggested even longer.
Always remember that the half life is longer which means you could have a hangover.

Doxylamine is very similar to diphenhydramine, besides its kinetics.

Melatonin alone is better. 5 mg is way way way too much. 0.1-0.5 mg would be good dose.

Last stuff is good if it works for you but working out before bed (in the 4 hours before sleeping) is shown to hinder sleep onset. Eating before bed is also individual. I do it but I know it is not the healthiest way.

Diphenhydramine Dosage
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Sep 29, 2020.
Usual Adult Dose for:
Insomnia
Usual Adult Dose for Insomnia
Diphenhydramine Citrate: 76 mg orally once a day at bedtime
Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride: 50 mg orally once a day at bedtime

Forgot to add Sex before sleep is very helpful too!

Which contains 43 mg diphenhydramine.

You said this too, so if there’s diphenhydramine citrate in it, I guess it was just not accurately put.

Will these help get to sleep or stay asleep? I don’t have issues getting to sleep, it’s staying asleep. I’m up every single hour.

Both… Try what works. I personally like Doxylamine succinate. My friend takes that and low-dose melatonin. You have to focus on whether it’s extrinsic factors that are waking you up and not letting you sleep well or if it’s internal factors like chemical imbalances or medications that are causing stimulation to wake you back up. The idea is to find what works for you. For me it’s kind of a trial and error back when I was having trouble. I like you would get to sleep but then wake up every 2 hours. So I kept 75mg of Benadryl bedside and when I would wake up, falling back to sleep was a little difficult so I took the Benadryl and fell back asleep 30 minutes later. Eventually I force my body to accept my sleep patterns and things seem to be doing better now good luck

Thanks. I’ve taken melatonin, great to fall asleep, crazy dreams but I don’t stay asleep. Last night I used ZMA, worked better to keep me asleep a tad longer. I’m sure most of it is extrinsic; working in healthcare during a goddam pandemic does wonders for cortisol levels, as do little people that wake up during the night. I’ve tried CJC/Ipa but didn’t do anything to help sleep. I might grab some valerian root on my way home today and try that tonight.

1 Like