Sleep Paralysis

Beef eater: do NOT let her wake you. Trust me on this. Never wake someone. especially in these states.
Sharp has some solid advice - ride it out. If there are things in the room, creatures, angels, sounds. You need to ackowledge them - if you dont want them there because they are really creeping you out you need to “cast them away.” Things like “if you do not exist in the highest order of light - leave my presense NOW!” is a sure fire fuck off. Very crazy I know.

Going to bed and telling yourself several times “I want to remember my dreams.” will help people start to take control.

Read a bunch on Astral Projection. This is outside of whatever faith you practice. Keep an open mind about it. Or else you will trap yourself in a prison. I have a lot of extremely strange experiences and knowledge about this if anyone has any questions. Let the hippy trippin’ BEGIN!

[quote]hipsr4runnin wrote:
Beef eater: do NOT let her wake you. Trust me on this. Never wake someone. especially in these states.
Sharp has some solid advice - ride it out. If there are things in the room, creatures, angels, sounds. You need to ackowledge them - if you dont want them there because they are really creeping you out you need to “cast them away.” Things like “if you do not exist in the highest order of light - leave my presense NOW!” is a sure fire fuck off. Very crazy I know.

Going to bed and telling yourself several times “I want to remember my dreams.” will help people start to take control.

Read a bunch on Astral Projection. This is outside of whatever faith you practice. Keep an open mind about it. Or else you will trap yourself in a prison. I have a lot of extremely strange experiences and knowledge about this if anyone has any questions. Let the hippy trippin’ BEGIN![/quote]

Just curious what happens if you wake someone up during a sleep paralysis episode?

This sounds scary as hell and I’m glad I read this thread in case it ever happens to me. Don’t know how I would react, but I probably wouldn’t be ‘riding it out’ lol.

Read a bunch on Astral Projection. This is outside of whatever faith you practice. Keep an open mind about it. Or else you will trap yourself in a prison. I have a lot of extremely strange experiences and knowledge about this if anyone has any questions. Let the hippy trippin’ BEGIN![/quote]

I remember reading up on sleep paralysis and one bit of advice was for someone to touch you to wake you as that helped end the paralysis. My understanding is that sleep paralysis occurs when one wakes but the serotonin has not left the system. I don’t see the problem with being shaken awake.

[quote]GreatAjax wrote:
so its 12:57 AM and i just woke up from a weird dream into a fairly intense state of sleep paralysis. in case you dont know sleep paralysis ( specifically postdormital paralysis in my case) is like when your mind wakes up from sleeping but your body remains asleep and you cant move anything or talk, yell. nothing.

its scary as fuck the first time it happens, especially since almost no one knows what it is before they have it. this is about the fourth time i’ve had it and i started having it on occasion about two years ago.i consider myself lucky thought because ive never had the scary ass hallucinations that go along with some people’s SP.

i was just wondering if anyone hear has has experiences with this 'cause i think it would be interesting to see other peoples anecdotes and knowledge on the subject. i just googled some info about it and found that apparently SP is sorta related to lucid dreams. which is interesting because ive been having lucid dreams too on occasion since i was about 11…[/quote]

I’ve been having sleep paralysis probably once or twice a year since I was a pre-teen.

One thing I learned from personal experience is to simply allow yourself to fall back to sleep. After a few times you’ll know what’s going on and it’s easier to relax. Also - I have only ever had it occur when I was sleeping on my back - never when I sleep on my stomach or side.

According to some circles it is alien abduction or the after effects of it. Coincidentally; I once had a ‘lucid dream’ involving aliens abducting myself and my mother. I woke up into sleep paralysis afterwards.

Also, in other circles, it is thought to be an evil spirit or demon trying to harm or possess you. These circles also claim that they can only harm or possess you when you sleep on your back - otherwise it is too difficult for them. You are supposed to be able to detect a bad odor in these instances. Apparently demons and evil spirits are stinky!

Last I heard the science community is finding it’s basically just a brain fart. Your body is still asleep but your mind wakes up.

Ok, at least there are second opinions on it. From what I have read its bad news for the conscious/sub conscious/pshyche. One would need to learn to navigate and conquer any such experiences for progression of consciousness. Having someone pull you out of the fight or fight the battle for you doesnt count or workout. Once you learn to get over it, you are able to progress. Kind of like taking a test.
From what I heard there are possible negative effects concerning violence or ill feelings towards the person who wakes you. I once got into an altercation with a being on the left side of my bed. I woke up in SP, tried moving to have an OBE popped out and when I did the fucker came at me (no I wasnt able to yell “come at me bro”) And we started going fist to cuffs. Had my gf tried to wake me, while I was in the process of fisting fighting an entity I probably would have knocked her lights out. I dont like fear and would never want to be afraid to fall or stay asleep. I did that for way too long as a child and teen. Now I need to learn and progress through this stuff.
Some good advice I found was here as well : 9 Ways to Wake Up From Sleep Paralysis | Dream Studies Portal

Other good links:
Full explanation of SP: http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/exchange/node/1740

Full explanation of sleep and associated topics: http://science.education.nih.gov/supplements/nih3/sleep/guide/info-sleep.htm

Other: http://www.narcolepsy-symptom-treatment.org/sleep_paralysis_cause_symptom_treatment.htm

I have sleep paralysis episodes all the time. Probably once or twice a week.

I usually try to call out “help me” to my wife, but she says it just comes out as a moan. It seems like it takes her forever to wake me up, but I think in reality it only lasts about 20 seconds.

Sometimes, I can use it as a cue to enter a lucid dream. Then I usually decide to fly out the window and look for some girls to have sex with.

[quote]Serge A. Storms wrote:
I have sleep paralysis episodes all the time. Probably once or twice a week.

I usually try to call out “help me” to my wife, but she says it just comes out as a moan. It seems like it takes her forever to wake me up, but I think in reality it only lasts about 20 seconds.

Sometimes, I can use it as a cue to enter a lucid dream. Then I usually decide to fly out the window and look for some girls to have sex with. [/quote]

Watch the movie ‘Insidious’ and then let me know how safe you feel about doing things while lucid dreaming. :slight_smile:

Watch out for creepy old ladies, dude.

[quote]Serge A. Storms wrote:

Sometimes, I can use it as a cue to enter a lucid dream. Then I usually decide to fly out the window and look for some girls to have sex with. [/quote]

Lmao!

I’ve had this happen to me twice. Once I was a small kid and woke up on my back looking towards the roof… only the roof had turned into the roof of cathedral and there was a demon crawling on the roof staring at me and I tried my hardest to scream for my brother who was sleeping next to me but I couldn’t do anything. After I woke I ran straight to my parents room.

The second time I was probably 16-18 and I was freaking out inside my head because I had forgotten what sleep paralysis was. It’s very scary stuff if you dont realize what is going on.

I’ve done this many times. The first time I was pretty sure I’d gone crazy. Often times I can either open my eyes, see my bedroom, and somewhat hear what’s going on, but can’t move, and also hear auditory things that aren’t there, like the radio, or, one frightening time, a bunch of bats sweeping past me while I knew I was laying in bed.

I also get the repeated dream that where I think I’ve just woken up, walk into the living-room, and the same thing happens again.

The weird thing is that I don’t really get nightmares, just these experiences that unnerve me.

[quote]Oleena wrote:
I’ve done this many times. The first time I was pretty sure I’d gone crazy. Often times I can either open my eyes, see my bedroom, and somewhat hear what’s going on, but can’t move, and also hear auditory things that aren’t there, like the radio, or, one frightening time, a bunch of bats sweeping past me while I knew I was laying in bed.

I also get the repeated dream that where I think I’ve just woken up, walk into the living-room, and the same thing happens again.

The weird thing is that I don’t really get nightmares, just these experiences that unnerve me.[/quote]

Oleena,
The next time you have that dream, it might help you to think about all the nasty things I’ll do to you while you are sleep paralyzed temporarily :stuck_out_tongue:

:Me Gusta

[quote]Fat Bastard. wrote:

[quote]Oleena wrote:

The weird thing is that I don’t really get nightmares, just these experiences that unnerve me.[/quote]

Oleena,
The next time you have that dream, it might help you to think about all the nasty things I’ll do to you while you are sleep paralyzed temporarily :stuck_out_tongue:

[/quote]

lol. Ok random internet guy.

[quote]Oleena wrote:

[quote]Fat Bastard. wrote:

[quote]Oleena wrote:

Oleena,

[/quote]

lol. Ok random internet guy.
[/quote]

Now that you said OK, I lost interest.

Back to the topic, I wake up and wonder if it was really “mind awake, body asleep” situation or just a dream…

Used to get this regular about ten years ago.As others have said the first time it happened I shat myself after and went straight for the drinks cabinet.The first couple of times I got the auditory hallucinations(like a plane taking off but the sound was constant)and the vibrating as if you are being shaken violently.Absolutely cannot move or shout no matter how hard you try.I also thought it was demonic,scary as fuck.
Checked it up and realised what it was and after that I actually came to enjoy it.The vibrating stopped and the visual hallucinations started.I would realise whats going on,try my damnedest to move,actually see my arm or leg moving to a point and then suddenly realise I havent moved at all.Hallucinations I can remember are seeing a stereo float across the room,faces etched into my door and actually saw myself sitting on the couch changing channels with the remote once.
These pretty much ceased entirely when I stpped using recreational drugs.

if you guys are curious about learning to control this look into astral travel. It is the way to go. Take the red pill. All the sounds happen right before you OBE. All the creatures and children laughing all the freaky shit happens before you pop out. Once you can pass that test and not freak out, you OB and then its game on. A lot of good sources out there. I thought this was way out in left field bullshit, until I started messing with it. Totally skews reality and belief systems for me at least, shins a new light on them.
Google pineal gland.
google OBE and astral travel.
Nothing to be scared about, nothing can hurt you just give you the willies.
Its nuts how it all seems so real.
And with that said…what makes you think you arent dreaming right now???

if you guys are curious about learning to control this look into astral travel. It is the way to go. Take the red pill. All the sounds happen right before you OBE. All the creatures and children laughing all the freaky shit happens before you pop out. Once you can pass that test and not freak out, you OB and then its game on. A lot of good sources out there. I thought this was way out in left field bullshit, until I started messing with it. Totally skews reality and belief systems for me at least, shins a new light on them.
Google pineal gland.
And with that said…what makes you think you arent dreaming right now???[/quote]

yeah…thats my goal in life :slight_smile:

I have had this happen to me a couple times. The first time I awoke, or at least thought I did, but could not move a muscle. I was able to see my wife out of the corner of my eye laying next to me. What scared the crap out of me was that she was grinning at me with a demonic looking grin. Her eyes were wide open and her face was surrounded with a blue hazy type mist.

The rest of her body appeared to be sleeping soundly. She did not say anything nor did she move. She just laid there intently staring at me with that grin on her face. I have no idea how long I laid there trying to move my body but it seemed like an eternity. I was so freaked out about it that I had a hard time sleeping in the same bed with her for a while.

The second time I had this experiance I was awaken by the sensation of something grabbing me by the ankles and attempting to pull me off the bed. Again I could not move a muscle and eventually I felt myself leave my body. As I was experiancing the pulling sensation I heard a loud buzzing in my ears until I left my body. I then floated around my bedroom and could look down on my own body and my wife sleeping next to me. Very wierd feeling.

Both of these experiances occurred about 15 years ago when I was working weird hours. Some days some nights so my body was not sure when it was suppossed to be sleeping. Since I have had a steady schedule I have not had any other issues.

I have been getting sleep paralysis once a week or so for the last 8 years. Usually just the mind awake but the body not but it does occasionally move into the buzzing in my ear, or more scarily a man sitting on the end of my bed talking to me but I can’t move or reply, or voices screaming at me to get out of the house. I think for me its directly related to being too hot in bed or sleeping in two late.

party peeps, you do this every night whether you want to or not. You might as well as learn to control it.
The large buzzing sound is the alarm basically, if you can take it you will exit the body. Then its game on.

Google pineal gland.
And with that said…what makes you think you arent dreaming right now???[/quote]

x2 on all of this. It does sound really really left field, but once you’ve started messing with this stuff and have had an OBE (I’ve only had 2) it makes you totally rethink reality :o

Btw, im jealous of you fuckers that get SP so easy, because if you’re in SP you can Astral Project/OBE. Meanwhile i gotta meditate and try to let my body fall asleep but its hard with my overacting mind :confused:

Edit: hipsr4runnin, the difficult part for me to OBE is actually excitement, I use the rope technique and once i enter the vibrational state I get so excited that I mess it up :confused: Any tips?