Sleep Issues with Multivitamin?

does anyone else have sleeping issues with multivitamins? i have been taking a multivitamin for a few weeks now and i have been having trouble sleeping. this past week has been very bad, i have only been able to sleep about 3-4 hours a day and i was up almost 24 hours one day, slept about 3 and then was up almost another whole day. to top that off i still had trouble sleeping that night! i always wake up at 8am and sometimes i cant go to sleep until about 3 am. if i do manage to go to sleep i wake up at least 3 times during the night.

i am doing IF and i break my fast around noon to 1pm and i take one dosage(4 caps) of life force along with 2000 IU of vitamin d-3, and some calcium citrate. could it be the multi vitamin keeping me up? i have also been stressing life lately with school getting kind of heavy sometimes i feel like there is not enough time in a day to do everything i have to do. since i started having sleep issues i thought that maybe it was stress, but upon researching this yesterday i read that people that take multi vitamins have worse sleep than people that dont. i have also noticed that my urine is a very bright neon yellow, it is very strange. is this normal?

i am taking source naturals: Life force multiple here is whats in it.

Serving Size: 4 Capsules
Amount %DV
Lutein (FloraGlo®) 2 mg
Astaxanthin 100 mcg
Calories 5
Total Carbohydrate 1 g <1%
Protein 1 g 2%
Vitamin A (as beta-carotene 10,000 IU & palmitate 2,500 IU) 12,500 IU 250%
Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid & ascorbyl palmitate) 500 mg 833%
Vitamin D-3 (as cholecalciferol) 1,000 IU 250%
Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopheryl succinate) 200 IU 667%
Thiamin (vitamin B-1) 50 mg 3,333%
Riboflavin (vitamin B-2) 50 mg 2,941%
Niacinamide 35 mg & Niacin 15 mg 50 mg 250%
Vitamin B-6 (as pyridoxine HCl & pyridoxal-5’-phosphate [Coenzymatedâ?¢]) 50 mg 2,500%
Folate (as folic acid & calcium folinate) 400 mcg 100%
Vitamin B-12 (as methylcobalamin) 500 mcg 8,333%
Biotin 150 mcg 50%
Pantothenic Acid (as calcium D-pantothenate & pantethine) 55 mg 550%
Calcium (as calcium carbonate, malate, chelate, & citrate) 100 mg 10%
Iron (as Ferrochel® amino acid chelate) 6 mg 33%
Iodine (as potassium iodide) 100 mcg 67%
Magnesium (as magnesium chelate) 100 mg 25%
Zinc (as monomethionine [OptiZinc®]) 15 mg 100%
Selenium (as L-selenomethionine & sodium selenite) 100 mcg 143%
Copper (as copper sebacate) 1 mg 50%
Manganese (as manganese citrate) 3 mg 150%
Chromium (as chromium polynicotinate [ChromeMate®] & chromium picolinate) 100 mcg 83%
Molybdenum (as molybdenum chelate) 100 mcg 133%
Potassium (as potassium citrate) 50 mg 1%
N-Acetyl Cysteine 150 mg
gamma-Vitamin E Complex 67 mg
Silymarins (from milk thistle seed extract) 60 mg
Choline (as bitartrate) 50 mg
Inositol 50 mg
alpha-Lipoic Acid & R-Lipoic Acid 40 mg
DMAE (as bitartrate) 30 mg
Grape Seed Ext. (Proanthodynâ?¢) 30 mg
MSM (methylsulfonylmethane [OptiMSM®]) 25 mg
Hawthorn Berry Extract 25 mg
N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine 25 mg
Turmeric Rhizome 25 mg
Green Tea Leaf Extract (95% polyphenols, 35% EGCG) 70 mg
Quercetin 25 mg
Natural trans-Resveratrols (from Polygonum cuspidatum Root Ext.) 20 mg
Coenzyme Q10 20 mg
Ginkgo Leaf Extract (24% flavone glycosides & 6% terpene lactones) 20 mg
Tocotrienol Complex (Tocomax®) 10 mg
Bilberry Fruit Extract (36% anthocyanosides) 5 mg
Rutin 5 mg
Black Pepper Fruit Ext (BioPerine®) 3 mg
Lycopene 3 mg
Boron (as amino acid chelate) 2 mg

[quote]talon2nr7588 wrote:
i read that people that take multi vitamins have worse sleep than people that dont.[/quote]
Interesting…what’s your source??

[quote]talon2nr7588 wrote:
i have also noticed that my urine is a very bright neon yellow, it is very strange. is this normal?
[/quote]
Play with your timing of taking them. I experienced this when I took the vitamins a few minutes BEFORE breakfast. Once I started taking it after my ~900cal breakfast, it stopped happening. I almost think I was basically peeing out the vitamins.

If the sleeping problems just started it’s likely the stress. How do you feel during the awakenings? High energy? If possible you should see a naturopath. A combination of western medicine and alternative medicine is always best…then again I live in Canada with a different philosphy with the healthcare system so might be easier for me.

I’ve had similar sleep problems with individual vitamins.

Once I had trouble with a 500 mg Vitamin C tablet right before bed, so I cut the dose in half and took it in the morning instead and there were no problems.

Magnesium (200 mg to 400 mg) right before bed gives me problems trying to fall asleep as somehow it makes me more awake and feels like my heart is pumping harder or something. If I take it earlier in the day with a meal it usually isn’t a problem.

Zinc at any point in the day (25mg to 50 mg) messes up my sleep cycles b/c I will fall asleep easily and then wake up way too early and not be able to fall back asleep.

If you’re sure its the multi that’s causing lack of sleep, seems like a no-brainer to just ditch it and find a different product that won’t mess with your sleep.

EDIT: I just read your caveat about other stresses, I am not so sure you are having the same types of issues that I had.

the article was just some article I read on Google. I talked to a coworker today about my sleeping issues. Ever since I started having sleeping issues people have been telling me that I look tired. I told her I think it might be the vitamins and she said I am taking them too late in the day and that multiple vitamins give you energy because of the vitamins. I did not take vitamins today and I noticed I was tired because of the lack of sleep and also the missing dosage of multi vitamins. On days that I only slept about 4 hours and took them I never felt sluggish at work.

Here is the study i was referring to.

Here is the study i was referring to