Sleep Issues while on TRT?

Perhaps “stimulant” was a poor choice. Buy MY experience – and everyone is different – is elevated E2 causes jitteriness, impaired concentration, elevated BP, and increased resting HR.

When I ran high T doses and let E2 run unchecked, I experienced the aforementioned symptoms. When I ran the same high T dose AND used anastrozole, the symptoms weren’t present. That, to me, indicates high TT and FT weren’t the culprit. Again – that was my experience.

Now, I’m not a fan of AIs in general, so I now run a much more conservative dosage of T but I still need a small amount of anastrozole to keep E2 in check. I’ve tried letting my E2 “seek its own level” but libido and erection quality suffered, as well as the previously mentioned symptoms . I’m just an efficient aromatizer, even though I’m fit, low body fat, strength train, etc.

Please provide me just ONE paper demonstrating that estradiol does that in any man. You’re making assumptions here that contradict science. It is not the estradiol that does that. If you believe it to be true, please teach me the mechanism of action. Considering estradiol has been studied for over 80 years, this should be easy for you to accomplish. I’ll sit and wait patiently for your evidence in the medical literature.

Keep in mind that your example was while running steroid cycle levels of androgens. There are a ton of factors at play when you do this.

I’m not making assumptions about anything. I’m simply explaining MY experience; nothing more, nothing less. Elevated E2 – in me – causes the symptoms I mentioned. Sure it’s anecdotal but it doesn’t invalidate my experience.

High T + High E2 = Symptoms
High T + Controlled E2 = No Symptoms

You’re assuming facts not in evidence. When I say ‘high’ T doses, I’m talking 180mg T cyp/week. That brought my TT to ~1200 and FT to ~27; not really considered a cycle. (Higher than the reference range of ‘normal’? Sure, but not by much.)

But my E2 was hitting 85 and the symptoms were intolerable. Yes, I tried to ride it out and let my body adapt. It didn’t. However, with an AI (2.5mg anastrozole/week, in divided doses) that lowered E2 to ~30, all symptoms disappeared. I was receiving all the benefits of higher T (motivation, strength gains, muscle mass increase, great libido) etc.).

I didn’t like taking that much AI. Now I run 120mg T cyp/week which gives me TT ~850 and FT of ~21, and using 750ug Adex gives me an E2 of ~25-30.

OK, so that is not high dose test whatsoever. Typically when guys mention high dose test, we’re talking 400+mg a week. 180mg is still in the TRT realm.

What is your exact protocol? Also how long did you wait to see if your body adjusts without the AI?

I inject 34mg every other day IM (sub-q didn’t work). I’ve tried all the protocols, weekly, every 3.5 days, daily…nothing works and abates symptoms like 34mg/every other day and 250ug Adex/injection.

I gave no AI three months but the symptoms hung around and it was hell.

Out of sheer curiosity, any idea what free T levels are at currently on this protocol?

TT ~850 and FT of ~21

@dbossa
I take .3 E3D, if I were to switch to EOD, would I just go to half that dose each injection? Meaning in the syringe, draw .15 (I’m not sure how to represent that?) but in the syringe I would take to .1 and then half way to .2. Also, if I’m doing it more frequent, should I do other muscle other than delts in the rotation or will switching delts each time be fine?

Lastly, do you use the same needle to draw and inject?

I was experiencing the 3 am wakeup call very consistently before I started TRT. My wife joked that was when the aliens brought me back home. When I first started TestCyp my sleep improved dramatically within the first couple weeks. Then, at 8 weeks, I changed protocols and now sleep is messed up again. My fault, I know - just starting and trying to get dialed in but hard to be patient!

I assume you’re on a 140mg test per week? If so, .3mL every three days equals .1mL per day or .7mL per week. So going to every two days, your dosage would be .2mL each injection.

I use a 27g, 1/2" needle to draw and inject (I’ve also used 28g, 1/2"). I warm the vial under warm water which makes the carrier oil flow smoother. I rotate IM sites. I inject delts and along the outer thigh, the vastus lateralis, again, rotating between right and left sides.

I’m on .3, which I believe equates to 60mg or 120mg if I’m on twice a week. That said I do .3 every 3rd day, so sometimes it’s more than 120 in a week.

That’s 140mg/week.

If you’re injecting only twice/week (say Monday and Thurs.) then it’s 120mg.

If you’re truly injecting every three days then it’s 140mg. Every three days only gets you do six days (there’s 7 in a week). That extra day is .1mL or 20mg.

The sleep is just not getting better. I did a week of sleep meds to just get some rest but I didn’t want to stay on them. That said here I am back up in the middle of the night and feeling like I’m gripping too tight on life. I’m getting concerned that TRT is not for me. I like most of the benefits but if I can’t sleep, I lose brain function and energy during the day. I just hit 6 weeks on my new protocol of IM E3D. I guess my other option is the most recommended E2D on here but I don’t have much hope for that either. Or maybe I need to take my dose lower…I don’t know but this sucks and I’m loss

Can you simply reduce the dose?

Many have issues on higher doses. Not to say your dose is super high, but it may be high for you.

I’ve recently reduced dose and sleep is returning thank god.

1 Like

Yeah, you’re probably right. That may be the next logical step.

I’ve tried as low as 82,5mg and it did not make a difference on my poor sleep on TRT. I still suffered from waking up at 4am for no reason.

I SERIOUSLY wonder… Did anyone actually fixed their sleep issues that occured after starting TRT? Bc i have not seen a single person claiming he did.

You may be having a spike in cortisol if you’re waking like that. Low blood sugar.

Eat 2 instant oatmeal packets an hour before bed. See if that helps.