Sleep if you can?

I have heard numerous times that gear can make you lazy. I personally have found this to be true. Except when it comes to the weightroom/bedroom. I still manage to get my work done so it’s not that big an issue. Here’s my question. Fortunately I can get about 8-10 hrs a sleep every night. Plus usually I can take a 1-2 hr nap ed. I’m just wondering is there anything wrong with say waking up after 10 hrs of sleep (wake up after 5 to piss/drink a shake), eat breakfast take a 1-2 hr nap eat again, then maybe take another 1-2 hr nap 4-5 meals later before I lift?

well… you would be sleeping about 14-16 hours/day which is basically moronic.

Hey Squatty I’d lick a dog’s ass if it meant another 10 lbs of muscle. BTW nice to hear from you.

Waterbury I believed recommends during mass phase sleeping no more than 8 hours straight so you can get meals in and then adding a 2-3 hour nap at some point during the day. I think it was in the Quattro Dynamo article.

Hahaha… just thought i would let you know how absurd it is that you actually have that much time to sleep.

more sleeping means less eating…

jaystyles

Wideguy,

Is this sound, restful sleep you’re getting?

I can’t imagine sleeping 14-16 hours on a continual basis.

Everyone has different needs, but anything over 12hrs/day probably isn’t doing you much good - rather see you out and about, licking dog’s asses and whatnot.

I should add that sometimes sleeping too much will make you more sleepy. Try cutting back to 10 hours a day for a couple days and see how you feel.

To be honest it’s not like I’m particularly soo tired I have to sleep. I was just wondering if (since lately I’ve had the chance) to just lounge around gourge myself with protein/ carbs, bang, nap, and read it might benefit me to take an extra nap a day.

Well you may have accumulated a huge sleep deficit which you are working your way though. Usually takes about a month to catch up.

If you’re really interested in sleep check out the Sleep articles back in issues 282/283.

8 to 10 hrs a day, if it’s 10 hrs it usually is 8 at night and 2 hrs nap, depending on time restrictions.