Sleep Apnea While on AAS

Initial appointment was yesterday, scored low on a sleep apnea questionnaire but she was concerned with my symptoms and family history along with the fact I never go to the doctor. Blood pressure was high, she said my thyroid gland feels full, booked in for an ultrasound of my neck to check for goiters? And she sent me for a full blood panel. She seemed to genuinely want to get to the bottom of it so it’s a start

1 Like

Sounds promising. My issues seem to have cleared up, it was on the intial start of the blast but seems OK now. Will keep an eye on it.

SB

I appear to potentially have sleep apnea (spotted by one of my parental guardians who is a medical professional). I snore profusely and frequently throughout the night and never appear to have a good nights sleep (always sleeping during the afternoon etc)

My neck is over 17 inches (17.5), but my arms are tiny (14.5 flexed, 5 ft 4 and 3/4 in height). I look like a giant neck (that and I have very broad shoulders and a large chest)… Tiny arms though, very irritating. (I’m working them with very high frequency now to bring them up to par)

I actually have an unused cpap machine I’ve been using (because it takes ages to get a diagnosis here… with access to the machine with a mask that fits me I don’t see why a trial wouldn’t be worthwhile), have used for one night now

I’m on my trt dose currently, I wont be blasting again for the foreseeable future. More concerned about being healthy

what’s you’re TRT dose?

200mg, my shbg is always around 50 so that’s the dose we settled on to get a decent free t number

What’s TT/FT

I take 200mg/wk (low SHBG fluctuating between 14-30), no issues, feel good (gain muscle mass at a somewhat accelerated pace)

Not 100% on the numbers but 200 put me on the top end of the labs given ranges… 150mg had me at 720 total test I think. I have more bloods coming soon

Hello friends, I return to the topic good a good reason.

I am 39 years old and since the age of 15 I have chronic insomnia and at 28 I discovered that I had severe sleep apnea. As more than 70% of the patients also did not adapt to the cpap.

Then around 30, I started to have chronic fatigue and started having great difficulties to gain muscle mass and to lose weight.

At 35 I looked for an endocrinologist for TRT. I stopped at 6 months because my symptoms got worse, and as I read several articles saying that TRT worsened sleep apnea, I decided that Testosterone was not for me.

In the beginning of 2020, I read some intriguing articles, which showed that after 18 weeks of TRT, the symptoms of sleep apnea started to improve. That is the reason for sharing this data with you.
In the last 10 years I have read more than 20,000 articles in the pubmed about sleep apnea, looking for some news that could alleviate my condition. Incredibly almost 100% of the studies on TRT x Sleep Apnea, are at most 18 weeks. Quite suspicious isn’t it?

I resumed my TRT in 2020 and I am in week 16. So soon I will be able to tell you if I got consistent improvements or not.

Follow links on TRT after 18 weeks in sleep apnea patients.

I will create a new topic to discuss what I have learned about sleep apnea in the past 10 years. Including demonstrating which are the markers that tend to be altered in patients with apnea and links with possible new causes other than just weight gain.