Sledgehammer GPP...

What weight sledgehammer would you reccomend for sledge work as GPP?

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
What weight sledgehammer would you reccomend for sledge work as GPP?[/quote]

www.redwhiteandbluefitness.com/x.pro/ModShow/ShowPage/32118

See if this helps.

Thanks, it helps. But I dont want to spend 140 bucks on a sledgehammer.

8 lb.

Pick up one at Home Depot for $20 or so. Make sure it’s fiberglass.

I just bought a 10 lbs one from Home depot for $25. They advertised a 16 lbs one for about $45, but they didn’t have any.

[quote]roofus_5 wrote:
I just bought a 10 lbs one from Home depot for $25. They advertised a 16 lbs one for about $45, but they didn’t have any.[/quote]

I bought the 16 lb one. I swung it around a few times and it seemed ok.

It was 37 bucks, I think.

8# & 12# depending upon what you are doing.

For Tabata-style swings, use an 8#. Go on, laugh at me for being wimpy. Then go out and try it. After two minutes you should want to puke. Remember, Tabatas are four minutes.

The 12# hammer is good for pretty much everything else. 16# sledges are great is you can find them, but they tend to be a bit more elusive than 8# & 12#.

Dude, dudddddeeeee don’t do GPP with a sledghammer. Don’t you know that shit is out of control? First a sledgehammer, then gay marrige, then 2nd graders marrying dolphins. It’s a slipper fuckin slope man.

[quote]IL Cazzo wrote:
Dude, dudddddeeeee don’t do GPP with a sledghammer. Don’t you know that shit is out of control? First a sledgehammer, then gay marrige, then 2nd graders marrying dolphins. It’s a slipper fuckin slope man.[/quote]

That’ funny shit dude. I have a 12 lb axe that I lever sometimes. Balde to my face. Shit Yeah.

i think 8 lbs is too light. i once swung my 8 lber for 15 minutes straight with only 3, 20 second breaks the whole time. if you were gonna use one for tabatas i think you should definitely think of going heavier

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
roofus_5 wrote:
I just bought a 10 lbs one from Home depot for $25. They advertised a 16 lbs one for about $45, but they didn’t have any.

It was 37 bucks, I think.[/quote]

16 seems a little big for you, but whatever. You’ll grow into it.

[quote]RIT Jared wrote:
rrjc5488 wrote:
roofus_5 wrote:

It was 37 bucks, I think.

16 seems a little big for you, but whatever. You’ll grow into it.[/quote]

Thats what I figured.