Sled Pulling/Pushing for Fat Loss?

My buddy recently purchased the econoprowler over at elitefts.com and after trying it out myself for a few sessions it totally kicked my ass. I know this thing is good for general conditioning, but how can I set up a program geared to burn as many calories and fat as possible? Can this be done instead of dieting?

Also, any advice using kettlebells, and bodyweight (burpees, mountain climbers, ect.) for fat loss? Thanks

Nothing can be done INSTEAD of dieting. Training goes in tandem with dieting for weight loss.

As far as trying to lose weight. You either DO more, EAT less, or find a good mixture.

sled pulls, KB work, etc etc…is all good for conditioning and even some ‘weight loss’.

read some of Dave Tates articles. You can use the sled for RECOVERY and hit it 6-7 days a week. Lift heavy in the gym, do some comlexes or some kind of conditioning and then gradually adjust your diet until you are losing fat.

The sled work itself wont burn that many calories this way, but it will help with recovery so you can hit the weights harder.

Alternatively, just lift heavy, but cut down your volume, and do 3 hard sled sessions per week.

Sled Work is good…if the diet ok and its fun…fun = hard…

Sprint with one or two plates on it…10 -15 sec…walk to the starting line and sprints again…
Start with 10 to 12 sprint(maybe less or more) depending on your conditionning level…then walk around the park with the sled for 5 to 10 minutes…That a good 30minutes workout…well your gonna get the weird look form the guy walking his dog…but hey…running in the park…sometimes under the sun and guess what 30minutes is gone very fast…cant do cardio in the gym anymore…!!

Thanks for the suggestions.

I have been using the prowler for my cardio for the past month exclusively. It has made a huge impact on my body. This goes without saying that I have tightened up my diet considerably as well. For my prowler cardio I usually do laps around our football practice field. I have done as many as 12 laps (1 hour and 20 minutes), but usually just shoot for 8 - 10 with a 45 on each horn 3 days out of the week and a 45 + 25 on each horn three days out of the week or just push for 45 minutes to an hour and 15 minutes each time. With respect to doing steady state on an eliptical or bike, it is now a lot more boring than it used to be, but I will do a pm session as well a few times/week.

I have been using the prowler for my cardio for the past month exclusively. It has made a huge impact on my body. This goes without saying that I have tightened up my diet considerably as well. For my prowler cardio I usually do laps around our football practice field. I have done as many as 12 laps (1 hour and 20 minutes), but usually just shoot for 8 - 10 with a 45 on each horn 3 days out of the week and a 45 + 25 on each horn three days out of the week or just push for 45 minutes to an hour and 15 minutes each time. With respect to doing steady state on an eliptical or bike, it is now a lot more boring than it used to be, but I will do a pm session as well a few times/week.

eat less